PDA

View Full Version : Implicating Karim

thhptt
02-12-2007, 08:46 AM
Has anyone successfully finished this quest? I get to the last person, Jaluna Fenn (I think), but cannot or the life of me win the parley. As a dark elf bard, my cards are heavily inspire focused but inspire isn't allowed in this parley. However, he has cards that cost nothing to use and raise his influence by 2. He plays this type of card every round (since he has one for each sphere) and there's just no way I can keep up.

I've been going from city to city looking for diplomacy quests that reward cards but so far I've found nothing that helps. Is this one quest that a dark elf will never be able to complete (which I'm fine with if that's the answer) or do people find his deck overly tough (he's only 50 skill for this parley, btw)?

dhakkel
02-12-2007, 08:51 AM
I had this problem but in Dhaknarg as a vulmane necro.

I managed to find another quest which gave me the resolution card, which costs 1 of each (except green) and gives me 5 influence. With that and a lot of luck on the reuse timers I managed to just win.

Perhaps there is a dark elf equiv. hidden away somewhere?

thhptt
02-12-2007, 09:04 AM
I had this problem but in Dhaknarg as a vulmane necro.

I managed to find another quest which gave me the resolution card, which costs 1 of each (except green) and gives me 5 influence. With that and a lot of luck on the reuse timers I managed to just win.

Perhaps there is a dark elf equiv. hidden away somewhere?

Oooo!! Now something like THAT would help! I'll keep looking. Thanks!

Absalon
02-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Oooo!! Now something like THAT would help! I'll keep looking. Thanks!

There's a quest in Tanvu from Poet Liong. I think that's her name. She's up on the grass in the main square, behind the Magistrate.

The reward for the quest is a reason assertion, Poetic Truth. It has a 6-7 refresh IIRC, but it is 6 influence and costs 1 demand, 2 reason and 1 flattery.