PDA

View Full Version : presense ????

troldan
02-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Seems like every quest involves some insane presense levels.
Just last patch or 1 before it did they turn presnse on for gaining. I had skilled up to the 60s with no presense updates.

Ok so here's the kicker. I decided to try tursh instead of halagrad for a round of diplomacy grinding. I was going between the leutenant outside the inn and the domestic around the corner.

BOTH Gave me CRAFTING increases. WTF????
The leutenant should have been soldier and the guy arounbd the corner should have been domestic.

Mirra
02-12-2007, 12:13 PM
Seems like every quest involves some insane presense levels.
Just last patch or 1 before it did they turn presnse on for gaining. I had skilled up to the 60s with no presense updates.

Ok so here's the kicker. I decided to try tursh instead of halagrad for a round of diplomacy grinding. I was going between the leutenant outside the inn and the domestic around the corner.

BOTH Gave me CRAFTING increases. WTF????
The leutenant should have been soldier and the guy arounbd the corner should have been domestic.

You can tell what they are by what their requirement is to talk with. I.e. if they need 5 crafting presence to speak with them, they are crafters.

troldan
02-12-2007, 12:23 PM
You can tell what they are by what their requirement is to talk with. I.e. if they need 5 crafting presence to speak with them, they are crafters.

that's not what i said :P

what i said is my skill up in presense was crafting when i'm talking to soldier or a domestic.

Mirra
02-12-2007, 01:02 PM
that's not what i said :P

what i said is my skill up in presense was crafting when i'm talking to soldier or a domestic.

I misunderstood. :p I didn't realise the presence requirement for those actually stated that. I would definately /bug it then. I have never come across that before.

Slyde_Rule
02-12-2007, 04:20 PM
I see something similar in Deroger's Post, outside Halgarad. Parleying with soldiers and domestics affects my faction for the nearby towns of Halgarad and Dahknarg, and my presence in Leth Nurae, which is far away.

Absalon
02-12-2007, 04:55 PM
I see something similar in Deroger's Post, outside Halgarad. Parleying with soldiers and domestics affects my faction for the nearby towns of Halgarad and Dahknarg, and my presence in Leth Nurae, which is far away.

Not your presence, your prestige. Presence is what you have with each station of NPCs (ie. soldiers, crafters, domestics, etc.). Prestige is earned in 9 different areas. One of those areas is Leth Nurae. Halgarad, Derogar's Post and Dahknarg are all linked to Leth Nurae for prestige. This is intentional.

Derogar's Post doesn't have it's own faction as it is just part of Halgarad really, so the faction you get there, and the levers you move, are all Halgarad.

Slyde_Rule
02-12-2007, 06:19 PM
Not your presence, your prestige. Presence is what you have with each station of NPCs (ie. soldiers, crafters, domestics, etc.). Prestige is earned in 9 different areas. One of those areas is Leth Nurae. Halgarad, Derogar's Post and Dahknarg are all linked to Leth Nurae for prestige. This is intentional.

Derogar's Post doesn't have it's own faction as it is just part of Halgarad really, so the faction you get there, and the levers you move, are all Halgarad.

I stand corrected. Thanks - that explains the link to Leth Nurae.