PDA

View Full Version : Civic Diplomacy: Introduction (half elf)

ZaZall
02-16-2007, 06:02 AM
I've been running around now for 3 days, searching for blackmail from hearsay.

I started hunting these when my diplomacy wast at level 30, now its at 80. Just because I've been using civic diplomacy on the soldiers. I keep getting allot of plots etc. But i still have not received a single blackmail information.

Does anyone how to get these, or is there a bug or something?

brusw68
02-21-2007, 02:26 PM
It's been awhile since I did these, but I don't think it needs to be blackmail, but just any information. The problem is is that the quest doesn't update until you go back to the House of Whispers. So get any sort of information (trend, aracand, blackmail, plot, whatever), and go back there. When you hit the grounds, the counter should update to 2/2.

Please confirm if that is right or not! Maybe I just got lucky and actually won some rare blackmails on that parlay, but I don't think I did.

LeviticusD
02-28-2007, 02:09 PM
I think that happened to me also. I was frustrated with it and just went back to the House and it was actually completed. I thought that maybe I just didn't understand the system that well yet, but in retrospect, it might be a bug.

Phaethor
02-28-2007, 04:43 PM
I've been running around now for 3 days, searching for blackmail from hearsay.

I started hunting these when my diplomacy wast at level 30, now its at 80. Just because I've been using civic diplomacy on the soldiers. I keep getting allot of plots etc. But i still have not received a single blackmail information.

Does anyone how to get these, or is there a bug or something?

Gaining Information

Each type of information is mostly commonly awarded from a particular type of conversation, though in theory, any information can come from any parlay (except Entertain, which only gives cash loots).

* Convince gives mostly arcana and some plots
* Gossip gives mostly blackmail and some trends
* Incite gives mostly trends and some arcana
* Interview gives mostly plots and some blackmail

This is from VG Tact (http://www.vgtact.com/wiki/index.php?title=Information)

Best,

Phae

Melios
02-28-2007, 07:20 PM
And you can't Gossip in Tanvu since Kojani are Reason.