PDA

View Full Version : VGTact Down For Upgrade

Traldan
02-17-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm hard at work upgrading VGTact to a new forum system, but unfortunately as part of that the current forums are down. Current ETA to have things back up and working as intended is tomorrow afternoon, but I will post at www.vgtact.com letting you know what the current status is.

Traldan
02-17-2007, 02:01 AM
As of this time, the forums are back up!

Melios
02-17-2007, 03:28 AM
Excellent

Mirra
02-17-2007, 12:50 PM
It's not up for me. Is it just me or is it down?

subnaut
03-29-2007, 11:17 AM
It's not up for me. Is it just me or is it down?

Down for me too

brusw68
03-29-2007, 01:18 PM
Down for me too

It is still down for me as well.

I cleared my cache, set internet options to check for new version of the page every time I load the page, even erased my vgtact.com cookie, closed my browser (IE 6.0) and came back on and still down.

Pinging www.vgtact.com I get a DNS address of 69.89.27.228. Is this the new machine? Perhaps the new DNS address hasn't fully propegated yet?

Benji
03-29-2007, 01:20 PM
It is still down for me as well.

I cleared my cache, set internet options to check for new version of the page every time I load the page, even erased my vgtact.com cookie, closed my browser (IE 6.0) and came back on and still down.

Pinging www.vgtact.com I get a DNS address of 69.89.27.228. Is this the new machine? Perhaps the new DNS address hasn't fully propegated yet?

First of all, the guy who you quoted bumped a thread over a month old- Not sure why he did.

Secondly, the site is still down- or back down- from yesterday. The only reason I can even say it might be *back* down is the dev tracker has a bunch of new posts from doomcookie on it.

brusw68
03-29-2007, 01:26 PM
Doh! It read relevant, I didn't check the date. Fair enough. Thanks for the heads up!

Blitzburg
03-30-2007, 12:55 PM
Rather than create a new thread, I'll just add to this one.

Does anyone know what the deal is with VGTact? For some reason, I haven't been able to log in for a few days. Yet, apparently, others are clearly able to log in as evidenced by Aurespex's posts and the posts that he is responding to. Is there a new URL for it? Or is it only up sporadically?

Zakonax
03-30-2007, 01:14 PM
Rather than create a new thread, I'll just add to this one.

Does anyone know what the deal is with VGTact? For some reason, I haven't been able to log in for a few days. Yet, apparently, others are clearly able to log in as evidenced by Aurespex's posts and the posts that he is responding to. Is there a new URL for it? Or is it only up sporadically?

I was able to log in from home last night just fine. Today, I am back at work and are still getting the "VGTact is Down" message.

I am wondering if they are doing more maintenance today, or if the new address hasn't propagated to all DNS servers yet.

brusw68
03-30-2007, 03:32 PM
Also, try clearing your cache and setting internet options to reload the page. That did it for me at work.

Blitzburg
03-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Also, try clearing your cache and setting internet options to reload the page. That did it for me at work.

Hmm... Tried that and still no luck. Is VGTact just down again right now?

brusw68
03-30-2007, 05:09 PM
Now I am getting no response at all. "Cannot find server" :(

sumuji
03-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Is weird that the dev tracker is showing posts there. I started diplo a couple days ago and have never been able to get the site to load. Right now I get the same "VGTact is temporarily down while we move servers" message or 404 errors if I try other links.

brusw68
03-30-2007, 07:53 PM
Well, I can get back into it again, now.

Blitzburg
03-30-2007, 07:56 PM
Well, I can get back into it again, now.

If possible, could you post the IP address? If they migrated to a new site, then the links from here and google.com as well as my DNS server to not resolve to the correct IP address.

sumuji
03-31-2007, 03:42 PM
Still down for me yet I see the dip dev posting things on it today.:confused:

sumuji
04-01-2007, 12:00 AM
I join /dip and ask. People say that were just at the site and it was fine.

I clear cookies
I clear cache
I clear history

Restart browser and go to http://www.vgtact.com and I get the same message that the server is beng moved. I also tried Foxfire with the same results.

So why are some people getting in but others are not?

Brownshoe
04-02-2007, 12:16 PM
I was able to log in from home last night just fine. Today, I am back at work and are still getting the "VGTact is Down" message.

I am wondering if they are doing more maintenance today, or if the new address hasn't propagated to all DNS servers yet.

Yesterday, April 2nd, it was working from home.

This morning, April 3rd, it is not working. So, I suspect, they are having periods of maintenance and/or small problems.

Traldan
04-02-2007, 12:34 PM
The site seems to be down right now. I'm not exactly sure why, but it ought to be back soon (I hope!). For those curious, we are on the new server and have been for several days. I'd expect that some of the errors you guys got a few days ago are because DNS was being screwy and not sending you to the new server.

Traldan
04-02-2007, 04:30 PM
Back up again.

We're working to correct the issues that caused this downtime.

sumuji
04-02-2007, 04:56 PM
Back up again.

We're working to correct the issues that caused this downtime.

I still get the message all of the time. The only way I made it to the site was useing a proxy. I've done everything I can think of.

Traldan
04-02-2007, 04:57 PM
I still get the message all of the time. The only way I made it to the site was useing a proxy. I've done everything I can think of.

When you ping vgtact.com, what IP does it return?

MooKitty
04-02-2007, 05:54 PM

I'm also getting the "we're moving" screen, on vgtact.com and www.vgtact.com

sumuji
04-02-2007, 08:32 PM
When you ping vgtact.com, what IP does it return?

Nólaquen
04-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Sometimes you're at the mercy of your own ISP when a website changes its DNS info. Some ISPs hold on to stale data longer than they're supposed to in order to ease load on their local DNS servers. Generally speaking, you'll just have to wait it out.

Also note that some so-called "web accelerator" software can cause the same problems, if such software is installed on your machine.

Brownshoe
04-03-2007, 02:31 PM
...and today, I'm moving from page 3 to page 4 of that longish thread on making money in diplomacy, and I get "Database Error" and now I can't get back in...LOL

brusw68
04-03-2007, 08:55 PM
Had it as well. I went back later and it was fine. Just a hiccup I guess.

Traldan
04-04-2007, 12:07 PM
Yeah, you guys are still getting the old server. Don't think there's really anything to do about it short of just waiting.

And yes, the site has been having some performance issues, and we're working to get it all fixed up as soon as possible.

sumuji
04-06-2007, 04:24 AM
Yeah, I think something is wrong . I'm still getting the message for like the last week. Like they are blocking IP's ranges or something.

Traldan
04-09-2007, 01:43 AM
We are once again having database issues. No ETA at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Caitbard
04-09-2007, 10:59 AM
We are once again having database issues. No ETA at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Thanks for letting us know. I really appreciate the site (and your efforts) and you letting us know here. Good luck on getting it back up.

Caitlin, 46 Bard and 108 Diplomat. Flamehammer.

Traldan
04-09-2007, 06:54 PM
We're up on a new server. Please wait for DNS to propagate, and let me know if you're still seeing issues. The new server shouldn't say 'closed', but the old one will say the site is closed.

Zakonax
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
We're up on a new server. Please wait for DNS to propagate, and let me know if you're still seeing issues. The new server shouldn't say 'closed', but the old one will say the site is closed.

Am still having issues, very odd. From home, i get the new server, and all seems okay. From work, I am still getting the "VGTact is temporarily down while we move servers. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I have cleared my cache on my own PC, and also tried it from other PC's that i've never visited the site on before. Wonder why it is having so many DNS problems?

Traldan
04-12-2007, 06:02 PM
Am still having issues, very odd. From home, i get the new server, and all seems okay. From work, I am still getting the "VGTact is temporarily down while we move servers. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I have cleared my cache on my own PC, and also tried it from other PC's that i've never visited the site on before. Wonder why it is having so many DNS problems?

It may be that DNS through your work is screwy - your Net Admin may have it set up to not update as often, or whatever. Not sure why it would happen.