PDA

View Full Version : KOS races and diplomacy

Melios
02-17-2007, 05:26 AM
Can races like Dark Elves get out of KOS through diplomacy (at all), instead of killing hundreds of [insert whatever]?

I know Civic Diplomacy will raise your faction standing with the city you are in, but that obviously will not work if the citizens have a homicidal response to your presence.

Ulrog
02-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Im an orc from Martok, I moved to Qalia to be with the rest of my guild. Upon arriaval at Lomshir I found that I could not do even the begining diplomacy quests, I ground out 2000 faction with Lomshir to no avail. Where can an orc on Qalia do the first diplomacy quests (tutorial)?

-Ulrog

Dhaga
02-17-2007, 07:14 PM
As said above, civic diplomacy can raise city faction once you are in. I'm not sure if it can do the same by winning diplomacy challanges at outposts (although as a Dark Elf you will also be KoS in many outposts).

The best way of increasing city faction from KoS is:

- Crafting in outposts (IF you are not KoS in the outpost)
- Killing mobs (Depending upon your starting faction about 200-250 kills will be needed)

It is odd that diplomacy can't remove KoS faction, but I guess you need to persuade enemies to get around that conference table before before diplomacy can begin.

Melios
02-18-2007, 08:35 AM
I just seems contrived from a lore and roleplaying point of view having to kill hundreds of Ksaravi, Kaon, Ulvari, etc. and not from a natural quest or diplomatic method.

Mirra
02-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Im an orc from Martok, I moved to Qalia to be with the rest of my guild. Upon arriaval at Lomshir I found that I could not do even the begining diplomacy quests, I ground out 2000 faction with Lomshir to no avail. Where can an orc on Qalia do the first diplomacy quests (tutorial)?

-Ulrog

You can't. :( Starting diplmoacy lines have to be done in your own city because they are racial based. Once you get into civic diplomacy levels you can move out.

Mirra
02-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Speaking of faction....

Can anyone tell me what I need to kill for Martok, Darhknag, and Hathor Zhi (or Pankr Zhi) factions?

Thanks

waivren
02-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Speaking of faction....

Can anyone tell me what I need to kill for Martok, Darhknag, and Hathor Zhi (or Pankr Zhi) factions?

Thanks

For Hathor Zhi, the first thing that comes to mind is killing Aeokor dark elves. There is a small quest line (level 11-13) that starts in a tent on the SE plateau of the canyon... about due north of Temple of Dailuk (sp?). Also, if you are in the mid-teens, you might work the quests out of Evendusk fortress, which is up the road to the west of Temple of Dailuk.