PDA

View Full Version : outsider clothes

simple
02-17-2007, 09:24 PM
hi im trying to get outsider clothes +25 is there another way apart from informants any ideas would be great thx

Puuma
02-19-2007, 09:56 AM
Go grind on some outsiders. You should average 17points/100 parleys.

simple
02-19-2007, 02:49 PM
ah thanking you :D

Phaethor
02-19-2007, 02:57 PM
I have the same issue. I also need to get to 50 on Soldiers and one more can't remember off the top of my head. The quests I am working are at Veskals Exchange and I am a Vulmane. I have gotten up to level 62 Diplomat but my highest Presence is only like 16. And its not in Outsiders.

What level are these quests for? Like 120+ Diplomacy?

Where as a Vulmane can I work on All the different presences?

Thanks in advance

Phae

Puuma
02-19-2007, 03:49 PM
Can't say for you, but for soldier presence I found 3 soldiers close together in Lomshir that were 100, 100 and 125. I ran from one to the next trying to throw a lever past a threshold. (tough to do alone) Take your small victories in diplomacy otherwise you will go crazy. Pop a buff and try to pop an opposing buff before the hour is up. That's tough as nails.

Academic was tougher. I could not find any Academics in Lomshir, Hathor Zhi, Pankor Zhi, nor Mekalia. Being KoS in Khal, this created a problem. Following a tip about an academy in Leth Nurae, off i went. After about an hour on my horse...BAM as advertised, tons of academics standing around large orbs wiggling their fingers off! I stepped between a group of 4 all 125...off we go. It takes about 4 or 5 mins to do one "round" of parleys. ( 1 parley with each) By the time I got around to the first npc I was almost if not already reset. I cranked out 160 parleys and ended with: Leth Nurae prestige (200)560; Leth Nurae Faction (0)120, Academic Presence (0) 35, Diplomacy (104)124. Bonus was that from the Informant turn in i got some pants with +10 Academic. And with the +18 Academic from the Neamsog Bunkers quest, I am set for the Dark Horse/Beacon of Hazziz quests. Please see my post about quests and the presence to do them and add your quest lines.

Absalon
02-19-2007, 06:16 PM
hi im trying to get outsider clothes +25 is there another way apart from informants any ideas would be great thx

There is a quest in Tawar Galan that gives +22 outsider pants and a quest at Dark Horse Downs that gives a +14 outsider wand. There are a couple quests that will give you a shirt also, but one of them requires 50 outsider to do. Check out the list of quests here:

http://vgtact.com/showthread.php?t=2308

Other than that, you will need to get some from turn ins. I have a shirt that is +25 soldier/outsider and a belt that is +20 outsider. I think I got both from turning in signficant rumors of arcana, though one or both may have been from evidence rather than rumors, I forget.

au+
02-20-2007, 06:39 PM
There are several quests in Tawar Galan that give nice +Outsider clothes, but the trouble with them is that they require high Outsider presence to complete ;P

brusw68
02-21-2007, 06:19 PM
I got the outsider clothes by grinding and grinding and grinding and getting a ton of information, turning it and POOF! Outsider gear.

In a more general sense, I think that none of the cities are whole and complete in themselves. I hear a lot of people having trouble finding military at low levels to work on. Tanvu has three guards at 50 50 75 (AFAICR) within 30 feet of each other. My military is one of my highest presences. Clergy and Crafter is also easy to get in Tanvu. However, Noble? I can barely find any, certainly none with a skill and presence level to start with. However, in CB (wood elf city, no clue the spelling) there is a nice group of 50-100 next to the non wood-elf diplomatic trainer.

My recent hurdle was domestic, because I hate running around CB (aaaaaaaaaa--splat!) and Tanvu doesn't have any, but I found a nice cache of 50-150 skill, 5 presence domestics in the Khal banking area.

Point is? I do not believe any one city is complete, but if you go from city to city you should be able to find whatever you want. The only thing I haven't found yet is outsider but with all the gear I've gotten from handing in information, I already have an effective Outsider Presence in the 40s, and I have only barely started tapping the tier 2 stuff.