PDA

View Full Version : Altar to Kaerellun

Sarith Silverwolf
02-18-2007, 12:48 AM
Hello! I have discovered an Altar to Kaerellun(I will not disclose the location, as I had fun finding it and I want people to explore more), and I was wondering if they are functional yet. It seems to give me a riddle, with no choices of answer or anything of the sort, and there is a chest next to it. Are they going to be riddle machines that give you loot for solving them, or is it going to be a diplomacy target and we get loot from beating it or what? I remember it being mentioned a while ago as something that was being worked on, but I have not heard about implementation. Any feedback would be appreciated(as long as you are not flaming me for not telling you where I found it). Thanks.

EDIT: I just solved the riddle it gave me in /say and it let me loot the chest. All I got was a silver, but it was still by far one of the coolest things I have encountered in any MMORPG. I hope they do more with this idea, or let the altars have multiple uses. Thank you Sigil.

Aruspex - SGO
02-19-2007, 01:16 PM
Hello! I have discovered an Altar to Kaerellun(I will not disclose the location, as I had fun finding it and I want people to explore more), and I was wondering if they are functional yet. It seems to give me a riddle, with no choices of answer or anything of the sort, and there is a chest next to it. Are they going to be riddle machines that give you loot for solving them, or is it going to be a diplomacy target and we get loot from beating it or what? I remember it being mentioned a while ago as something that was being worked on, but I have not heard about implementation. Any feedback would be appreciated(as long as you are not flaming me for not telling you where I found it). Thanks.

EDIT: I just solved the riddle it gave me in /say and it let me loot the chest. All I got was a silver, but it was still by far one of the coolest things I have encountered in any MMORPG. I hope they do more with this idea, or let the altars have multiple uses. Thank you Sigil.

Yes and yes. Incidentally, THAT Altar to Kaerellun is not Diplomacy-related, and isn't done by the Diplomacy team. We'll be using a similar model and style though in our own Altars.

o
A

Mirra
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM
Yes and yes. Incidentally, THAT Altar to Kaerellun is not Diplomacy-related, and isn't done by the Diplomacy team. We'll be using a similar model and style though in our own Altars.

o
A

What do these alters look like?

I have seen a few stone-type things with glowing lights scattered around the world. They are clickable but nothing ever happens. Are these things the alters?

Pan
02-20-2007, 10:40 AM
What do these alters look like?

I have seen a few stone-type things with glowing lights scattered around the world. They are clickable but nothing ever happens. Are these things the alters?

You may be seeing the Psi gestalts. They provide us with our Concentrations at different levels. The ones in Kojan at least (haven't been around the world yet) are a smooth stone with bright purple symbols.

Mirra
02-20-2007, 12:39 PM
You may be seeing the Psi gestalts. They provide us with our Concentrations at different levels. The ones in Kojan at least (haven't been around the world yet) are a smooth stone with bright purple symbols.

Ah, I bet that is what I am seeing. Although I am on thestra.