PDA

View Full Version : Civic diplomacy cards from buffs go away?

Scurryfunger
02-20-2007, 01:32 PM
I would like to know whether the cards you get from the buffs given by a sufficiently pulled lever are supposed to stick in your collection of Diplomacy cards or poof when the buff ends. On my server (Shidreth), Khal always has 2 or 3 active Civic Diplomacy buffs going, sometimes 4, and often, I learn a new ability just by being there. This has happened 3 times so far.

The first time it happened, I learned Crucible of Words, and I've kept it ever since, incorporating it into my strategy over time. The next two times it happened, I forget the card abilities because they poofed as soon as the buff ended.

Is this intentional? Is it just the type of buff that determines whether the card is permanent, or is this a bug? Since it's happened to me both ways, I can't tell. Again, one time I got a card I kept, twice more I got cards that poofed later.

Melios
02-20-2007, 03:46 PM
They're supposed to go away when the benefit ends.

DarkProdigyX
02-22-2007, 06:28 PM
i believe it was bugged for a time where if the card from the buff was in your 5card hand and you were playing a parley with it when the buff expires... it would remain with you until logout.

Scurryfunger
02-27-2007, 11:01 AM
Yesterday evening, the civic buff for Crucible of Words came up again and when it expired, that card disappeared from my deck. So it appears that the bug in this case was that that particular card stayed with me for weeks, after the last time the civic benefit was going in Khal. Good to know, was fun to have the card on a semi-permanent basis for a while, I suppose. I was using it regularly for a while, but not so much anymore anyway.