PDA

View Full Version : Stuck on CB quest "Will of the People"

grazel
02-23-2007, 11:44 PM
I'm a Wood Elf Bard in CB trying to talk to the Tanvu emisarries (the second time around) and can not seem to get past them with the strategies I'd used on them the first time. The problem seems to be the fact that my deck is almost entirely demand cards making it very hard to do anything to fuel my cards ro deny them theres (I don't have any rebuttals yet anyway).

My diplomacy skill is at 36 and the NPCs have 35 so its not like they're over my skill level. Any suggestions on strategies to use on the two of them? My deck is almost entirely demand cards and most with a 2 or 3 minimum refresh.

Parallax
02-24-2007, 01:48 AM
Hard to give you any specific advice without knowing all your cards and those of your opponents. Only thing I can think to tell you is to build your hand around your racial card since its a "big" one and it refreshs quickly. And pay attention to what you are feeding them, if they are using something you are giving them then try to starve them. You can win a parley using 2 or 3 cards instead of 5.

grazel
02-24-2007, 03:17 PM
Hard to give you any specific advice without knowing all your cards and those of your opponents. Only thing I can think to tell you is to build your hand around your racial card since its a "big" one and it refreshs quickly. And pay attention to what you are feeding them, if they are using something you are giving them then try to starve them. You can win a parley using 2 or 3 cards instead of 5.

Well I was going to list what I had and what he had but after making a list of what he played I tried a strategy and beat him though it was still close heh. He used the following deck and I won by denying him reason, using my racial (demand) and also an inspire to hold influence on my side. I had to use all five of my cards though.

Broad Understanding 0 0000 0000 1111 4-7
Loud Criticism 3 0020 1000 0000 3-5
Aggressive Statement 3 2000 0010 0000 3-5
Enticing Whisper 3 0002 0100 0000 3-5
Itemized Comparison 3 0200 0001 0000 3-5

As you can see he had a broad deck so had at least one card he could play no matter what color(s) I denied him, and if it took too long he could just fuel all of his own cards with Broad Understanding.

Parallax
02-25-2007, 03:58 AM
Congratulations on beating him. I havent played a parley without my racial card for a long time, probably since I started civic. I have my "raki sweet talk" and 2 cards that give me 2 flatter simply to keep my sweet talkin' going as much as possible. I think thats a pretty solid strategy for just about any parley.

grazel
02-25-2007, 07:48 PM
Congratulations on beating him. I havent played a parley without my racial card for a long time, probably since I started civic. I have my "raki sweet talk" and 2 cards that give me 2 flatter simply to keep my sweet talkin' going as much as possible. I think thats a pretty solid strategy for just about any parley.

Yeah I try to use it in most of mine. There are times I can't (parley type blocking color) or with certain decks that seem specifically built to defeat a certain race's card/color. I did manage to complete the chain though and got my wood elf his horse. Now I'm dealing with a vulmane parley that's going nasty heh (guard who uses red and pretty much everything I have feeds him red). From the various parleys I've done it seems that various races/classes have a much easier time with the various tutorials than others.

LeviticusD
02-27-2007, 06:12 PM
I've gone through the half elf and Raki diplomacy starters and have had great success with a "reactionary" tactic. I chose Snippets of Wisdom and then the four 3 pt assertion cards, on for each color (I use one of the other cards to fuel my racial if one of the columns is blocked).

I use Snippets to give me the two points and to get them going, and then sit back and wait for them to attack me. Usually, any big card they play will give me two of a certain color and I can play my card to get the slider back to my side...using snippets whenever I don't have a play to get them going again and gaining a few more points on the slider.

It works very well through 50 and only if they have big five point cards do you have to worry about not fueling them. I've rarely used the racial tactic, unless it is someone carrying those big point cards.