PDA

View Full Version : City Diplomatic Prestige?

bradnor
02-26-2007, 08:57 AM
What does this stat do? I have about +550 tanvu diplomatic prestige, and I have no idea what it does. If anyone could shed some light on this I would be much obliged.

Tomarrse

brusw68
02-26-2007, 02:13 PM
It will be used with Writs once they are fully in play. You need to have a minimum of 500 prestige to get the writs (as well as 150 skill). I believe that getting writs will also lower your prestige, requiring you refresh it to get more writs -- but I may be mistaken in that regard.

Absalon
02-27-2007, 12:15 PM
Here is a quote from Aruspex on the subject:

Prestige is diplomatic currency. Sometimes you flash it to open a door to more jobs - that's how Writs work.

Sometimes you spend it to get things done. Sometimes you can buy cool items with them. Little of this is in the game at this time, but you will see more soon, starting with the House factions in New Targonor.

o
A

You won't have to spend prestige for Writs. You just need to be at the appropriate prestige level (500) with the city where you want to obtain the Writ.

brusw68
02-27-2007, 01:33 PM
Ahhh, so you do spend it (eventually), but not on writs. So I was close. :) Thanks for digging that post up -- I looked for it but couldn't find it.