PDA

View Full Version : Sekret Sauce Brownies

Skarlath
09-28-2005, 01:24 PM
Here's a recipe that always hits the spot.

350g chocolate (broken into pieces)
175g butter
3 medium eggs
225g caster sugar
3tbsp Dark Rum (this can be substituted for water)
2-5 pieces of sekret sauce information
1 tsp vanilla extract
100g self raising flour (sifted)
1 level tbsp cocoa powder (sifted)
100g brazil nuts, toasted and roughly chopped (optional)

1) Preheat over to 190 degrees celcius. Grease and line a 27x19cm baking tin.
2) Engrave sekret sauce information onto chocolate squares. Use 2 or 3 keywords per square.
3)Beat eggs, sugar, rum, vanilla extract in a bowl until thoroughly mixed.
4) Add the self-raising flower, cocoa powder, brazil nuts and melted chocolate mixture, stir to combine.
5) Pour into tin, bake for 30-35 minutes. Leave to cool in tin and dust with icing sugar before cutting into 16 pieces.

Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose of sekret sauce, or your brownies will be prone to overhyping during consumption. Alternative methods to engraving include printing the sekret sauce and combining shredded paper with mixture, or as topping. This is not advised, as it may ruin the texture of your brownies, and prevents the sekret sauce properly spreading through brownie mixture.

Enjoy.

Labyrrinth
09-28-2005, 02:38 PM
Damn, I try so hard to eat healthy and then this ;)

The recipe sounds YUMMY! Warm brownies are better than... ok let me rethink that. Warm brownies are really, really good !!

Elrar (of Silky Venom)
09-28-2005, 03:01 PM
Damn, I try so hard to eat healthy and then this ;)

The recipe sounds YUMMY! Warm brownies are better than... ok let me rethink that. Warm brownies are really, really good !!

:eek:

but yes, they're good :p

Ieranii
09-28-2005, 11:07 PM
The only thing better than a warm brownie is a warm brownie with sekret sauce inside and a scoop of french vanilla icecream on top!

Raya
09-29-2005, 03:34 AM
Bah! Give me brussel sprouts every time!! ;)

Skarlath
09-29-2005, 01:47 PM
The only thing better than a warm brownie is a warm brownie with sekret sauce inside and a scoop of french vanilla icecream on top!

Ooo! Stop it! Stop it!

I'll be making myself a batch this weekend for sure! :)

What?! I demand an explanation!

Raya
09-29-2005, 02:34 PM
What?! I demand an explanation!
Okay, Skarlath, but only because it's you :D

I recently found out I was diabetic, which, of course, means no sweet stuff such as under discussion here. A friend and part of our Friday night WoW undead guild's raid (named appropriately GHOULS NIGHT OUT) decided it was too hard on me for them to discuss the benefits and properties of ice cream and other goodies when I can't (or shouldn't) have any. So he proposed to the other guildees that every time they mean to say ice cream or cake or whatever, they substitute brussel sprouts. It has now become an inside joke, and brussel sprouts have become the snack du jour. :D

Skarlath
09-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Okay, Skarlath, but only because it's you :D

I recently found out I was diabetic, which, of course, means no sweet stuff such as under discussion here. A friend and part of our Friday night WoW undead guild's raid (named appropriately GHOULS NIGHT OUT) decided it was too hard on me for them to discuss the benefits and properties of ice cream and other goodies when I can't (or shouldn't) have any. So he proposed to the other guildees that every time they mean to say ice cream or cake or whatever, they substitute brussel sprouts. It has now become an inside joke, and brussel sprouts have become the snack du jour. :D

Awww! Yeah ... that brownie recipe can do baaaaad things to you, even if you aren't diabetic.

Brussels all the way then! Yum! Im gonna eat me a ton of sprouts this weekend!

Your guild name made me laugh :)