PDA

View Full Version : not sure if this is a bug--or user error --

Vorta03
03-08-2007, 11:08 AM
I am having problems with 2 seperate halfling diplomacy quests--

Acquire the means--(I JUST FIGURED THIS ONE OUT--JUST HAVE TO READ THE TEXT VERY CLOSELY)

I spoke with Marvin and beat him at parley, yet he does not direct me to the shadowy figure, and I am given no waypoint. I am not sure were to go next.

I dropped the quest and re-took it from the advanced trainer--and had the same issue.

Combined effort--

In this one I am suppose to beat the dwarves in parley to the commander is satisfied, yet I beat all 4 several times yesterday and she never poped a green check boxs. Came back to it this morning and beat all 4 of them a few more times, and still did not get the green check box.

-Thanks

Vorta

Absalon
03-08-2007, 01:36 PM
Combined effort--

In this one I am suppose to beat the dwarves in parley to the commander is satisfied, yet I beat all 4 several times yesterday and she never poped a green check boxs. Came back to it this morning and beat all 4 of them a few more times, and still did not get the green check box.

-Thanks

Vorta

I'm reasonably certain that this quest is not part of your newbie quest line. If you are parleying with soldiers over and over and the quest is not completing, it is a quest that was put in to help people get to skill 40 who were stuck. Once you reach 40 it will complete. You don't need to do it however, just finish the other quests.

At this point they should just take these soldier quests out as they are causing more confusion than they are helping.

Kilunsteele
03-09-2007, 06:11 PM
I talked to the same guard over and over again to finish the requirement to talk to 3 guards. Dont remember the name but he is in the town center of Tursh. Its not civic dip you are doing either. He has a separate option for parley. Parley with him and then just wait a few minutes and do it again. Once you are done you can go talk to the drunk guy in the tavern.

As far as the shadowy figure, he is further north up the river on the opposite side of the bank standing next to a large rock. He showed up on my map so I dont know why you cant find him.

And yes the dwarves are there just to get your skill to 40. Once it is at 40 you can talk to the lieutenant and complete the quest.