PDA

View Full Version : Fix this movement bug.

Ecarion
03-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Moving NPC's who keep moving even after you enter the civic diplomacy menu. Prime examples for this problem: The Sentinels in Veskal's Exchange. Entering into a parley while they are bugged like this results in automatic loss because of the actual distance to the npc. happened about 3 times now, and it's starting to get annoying. You have 2 choices to solve this problem.

1. Make the NPC's stand in one location and not move.

2. Fix the bug.

Frankly, i don't care which way you choose. But fix this bug. Now.

Thank you.

pharacyde
03-10-2007, 07:27 AM
Maybe talking to you doesn't seem as important to the npc as you think. He is a sentry maybe his first task is to guard. Then when he has time have a chat with you.

I had that problem too, I just ran with the sentry around. You can see yourelf as a reporter chasing a celebrity that doesn't want to stand still to talk to you. Either way I don't see that sentry running around as a bug. Him flying away or hiding under the world might be a bug tho.

Ecarion
03-10-2007, 07:30 AM
Maybe talking to you doesn't seem as important to the npc as you think. He is a sentry maybe his first task is to guard. Then when he has time have a chat with you.

I had that problem too, I just ran with the sentry around. You can see yourelf as a reporter chasing a celebrity that doesn't want to stand still to talk to you. Either way I don't see that sentry running around as a bug. Him flying away or hiding under the world might be a bug tho.

That would definitely be a valid argument - unless at the times when the NPC's are bugged, the normal gossip talk which is normally seen when opening a conversation with an NPC, is missing. Instead the only thing present is the Civic diplomacy option. Also, when clicking a diplomacy parley, the NPC bug forward several meters, which is the cause of the loss in the first place.

And this isn't just sentinels or guards, or moving NPC's. Sometimes one cannot open a dialogue window with an NPC at all, and needs to move away and move back in to be able to do so. I'm betting this is the same bug.

I appreciate realistic reasoning, but don't apply it in the defense of a bug that needs to be fixed.

Lumberg
03-10-2007, 10:24 AM
I have found a way to avoid this 99% of the time. The 1% happened to me once when someone trained MOBs to a guard I was parleying and he attacked them.

Biggest part of this problem is lag between client and server, where you see a moving NPC is actually a few secends old. What I have found is when you first Hail/click, you should see flavor text above the civics option, if you don't try to lead the npc and re-Hail. Move further ahead and re-hail again if you don't see the Flavor text. Once you get the Flavor text the NPC you turn to you and stop.

I learned this in Veskal's Exchange.