PDA

View Full Version : Outrider/Merchant grind NPC - where are they?

Mitch
03-12-2007, 06:45 PM
It drives me crazy, wasted many hours and can't find one. First I searched in Leth Nurae a NPC for grinding outrider presence with a required presence of 5. Didn't found one and then bought an expensive vest with +26 outrider presence so that I can advance in a quest in veskal exchange.

For the next quest step I need 25 merchant presence. I found only a vest with +5 on the market and nothing more. I'm willing to grind the missing 20 points but have the same problem: No grinding NPC in Leth Nurae with a requirement of 5. I also searched in Tursh ... nothing - only NPCs with requirement 25.

How the hell can someone advance in Diplomacy if there are no grinding NPCs and no cloths on the market?

Gabbelgak
03-12-2007, 06:56 PM
It drives me crazy, wasted many hours and can't find one. First I searched in Leth Nurae a NPC for grinding outrider presence with a required presence of 5. Didn't found one and then bought an expensive vest with +26 outrider presence so that I can advance in a quest in veskal exchange.

For the next quest step I need 25 merchant presence. I found only a vest with +5 on the market and nothing more. I'm willing to grind the missing 20 points but have the same problem: No grinding NPC in Leth Nurae with a requirement of 5. I also searched in Tursh ... nothing - only NPCs with requirement 25.

How the hell can someone advance in Diplomacy if there are no grinding NPCs and no cloths on the market?

First of all you don't need to do the quests to advance in diplomacy, in fact 90% of the quests are useless (IE: They give clothing rewards that are crap/equivalent of the same level information turn ins) only the ones that give card rewards are the ones actually worth it reward wise (at the present time)

Second, you can't gain presence with merchant and outsider at the moment other than clothing. If you feel some burning desire to try I think Leth Narue's 1 skill outsider in the castle has low skill you can try on and will notice you gain no skill on.

If you really want to do the quest continue checking the vendor and turning in information and hope you get merchant gear.

Simply put - Ignore Outsider and Merchant presence at this time and grind off other presence NPCs

Melios
03-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Merchant presence won't be needed until Regional Trading is in.

Mitch
03-13-2007, 02:30 AM
But it's needed for quests. I want to play this sphere and not only grind.I want to avoid too much grinding because it's clear for me that I will loose any fun at the diplo sphere if I would only grind, I need the quests as motivation.
After doing the first quest line in Leth Nurae I travelled all over Thestra to collect new diplo quests. I found not much and it's frustrating that I can't do them because of missing presence NPCs.

Gabbelgak
03-13-2007, 02:48 AM
If you really want to do the quest continue checking the vendor and turning in information and hope you get merchant gear.

Thats your only option.

I would suggest moving on to other quests, if you need to grind presence in order to do another quest perhaps you will get some merchant/outsider gear from the turn ins.

Brownshoe
03-13-2007, 10:24 AM
Second, you can't gain presence with merchant and outsider at the moment other than clothing. If you feel some burning desire to try I think Leth Narue's 1 skill outsider in the castle has low skill you can try on and will notice you gain no skill on.

Just for clarity's sake: I think I remember that there are many, many merchant npcs in Tursh, though most have skill indications above 100 (so, I'm not there yet, just topped 65). OUtsiders I'm not so sure on...Y'all are saying that even when I parley with them, my merchant presence will not increase?

Gabbelgak
03-13-2007, 11:19 AM
I've personally tried outsider recently and had no skill gains.

I've done a few merchant parleys but not enough to be 100% sure that it isn't possible.

Thats just confirmations made by myself, not by word of mouth. You used to be able to gain faction with them but they took it out I believe as it was not intended to gain presence for them other than through clothing, and eventually be much easier to gain than other presences.

Absalon
03-13-2007, 12:17 PM
List of quests:

http://www.vgtact.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Quests

Some quests give outsider and merchant gear as rewards. Apart from that, focus on the quests that don't require outsider or merchant. Do civic parleys, collect information and turn it in. The key to post-newbie diplomacy is doing the turn ins. The more you do, the more gear you will get and the less you will need to "grind".

Lumberg
03-16-2007, 11:38 PM
Everytime I see those 3 monsters hanging out in one of the buildings in Lomshir I get all excited that they are Outsider pressence.... but alas no Civic option on them yet. Same with the Monster in Trush Bar.

Brownshoe
03-19-2007, 03:19 PM
They clearly need at least one level 12 outsider presence quest, that in turn has an Outsider Vest or Pants as a reward. They have covered most of the others, but it seems to me that there are several questlines that require >=25 Outsider presence (a few in Veskal's Exchange, and several in Tawar Galan) and NOT having a quest that gets you to this threshold is what dooms you to grinding civic diplomacy to get randomly allocated information rewards, all of which will eventually serve to raise your skill so that it doesn't require any skill to win these quest parley's when you finally get there...

edit: I gave in and got a great deal paying about 4s for about 48 outsider presence from two items on the broker. That got me over this particular obstacle...