PDA

View Full Version : Undermine The Port Authority -- Stuck

Lizard
03-13-2007, 03:52 PM
OK, I talked to the Noble, then I put on my best shabby clothes(?) to talk to the beggar....who kicks my ass every time. If you lost faction for quest parelys, I'd be KOS to all of Telon by now.

Here's the thing -- I can't use flattery, and more than half my cards are flattery. I can't generate blue. She gives me a ton of green, but I only have "Itemized Comparison" as an influence generator. With good refreshes and some luck, I've gotten it as low as 6...but then she has so much expression on her side that there's nothing I can do and I lose. I spent over an hour fiddling with my deck and trying various strategies, and no go.

Any hints?

Any good ways to get more blue, red, or green influence-generating cards?

DarkProdigyX
03-13-2007, 04:51 PM
I cant say with complete certainty, because I don't remember precisely how I did it.. but as a qaliathari psi (double flattery) i was in the same boat.

I think in this case, judicious use of "listen" is your friend.

Lizard
03-13-2007, 04:57 PM
I cant say with complete certainty, because I don't remember precisely how I did it.. but as a qaliathari psi (double flattery) i was in the same boat.

I think in this case, judicious use of "listen" is your friend.

Tried that, but if the counter is on her side, I HAVe to play something to get it back, and then it's massive tug-of-war and I always lose..

Absalon
03-13-2007, 06:46 PM
Tried that, but if the counter is on her side, I HAVe to play something to get it back, and then it's massive tug-of-war and I always lose..

Expert Analysis and Crafty Allusion may help:

http://www.vgtact.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cards_from_Quests

Don't forget about the civic card buffs from the gossip levers. You can also use consumables. And your flattery eval that gives you 2 flattery and 1 reason still can be helpful. If it's your turn and you have nothing else to play, it's a free point of reason.

Lizard
03-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Beat the Be0tch!

Thanks to advice here, I got the green card from quest at Neamsog. With two Reason cards that both granted influence, I won handily. What a difference a single card can make!

Now, can anyone tell me where the person for "A Case Of Skitters" (at the race track) is hiding? I go to where she's supposed to be on the map, and there's a Dread Knight trainer there....

darury
03-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Now, can anyone tell me where the person for "A Case Of Skitters" (at the race track) is hiding? I go to where she's supposed to be on the map, and there's a Dread Knight trainer there....

You need to keep going past the DK trainer. Sarria (sp?) The Scorpion Trainer is actually located just outside the the "ring" that surrounds Dark Horse Downs. There's some big rocks in the same area and if you're coming from the quest giver, they're on the far side of those rocks.

Lizard
03-14-2007, 11:50 AM
You need to keep going past the DK trainer. Sarria (sp?) The Scorpion Trainer is actually located just outside the the "ring" that surrounds Dark Horse Downs. There's some big rocks in the same area and if you're coming from the quest giver, they're on the far side of those rocks.

The scorpion trainer isn't who I need to speak with first, though. It's another woman. I tried doing the quest a while back when I didn't have the Prescence. The scorpion trainer I found, but she won't talk to me until I've talked to the other woman.

darury
03-14-2007, 03:42 PM
The scorpion trainer isn't who I need to speak with first, though. It's another woman. I tried doing the quest a while back when I didn't have the Prescence. The scorpion trainer I found, but she won't talk to me until I've talked to the other woman.

OK, lets try it this way...there's 3 women in the overall arc of the storyline:

1) Dark Elf -- If facing the stables from the front, she's to your left along the railing

2) Human -- If facing the stables from the front, she's to your right. She's basically at the right rear corner of buildings near the stables (outside the building)

3) Scorpion Trainer - Covered.