PDA

View Full Version : 3 bugged Quests I found in Thestra

Mitch
03-15-2007, 05:35 AM
"Moonstruck Fool" (Tursh)
Quest can't be continued after the first parley with Samantha
(Someone told here http://vgtact.com/showthread.php?t=2861
about patch notes which say quest is fixed but that's not the case, the quest is still bugged)

"Rank Dealings" in Veskals Exchange (Subquest of "Underworld Steel")
NPC Ramaok requires 25 merchant presence for the parley but atm it's impossible to gain 25 merchant presence because civic diplomacy NPCs for raising merchant presence do not exist. Also not possible with clothes because only type of clothes with merchant presence are some leggs but none of them have 25.

Contact Kirael (Forests Heart)
Kirael is not existent

If anyone find more bugged quests in Thestra feel free to expand the list. I have wasted lot of time and money and it would be cool if you save me from wasting more time and money.

Gabbelgak
03-15-2007, 08:26 AM
I have a 33 Merchant with I think Craftsmen on it shirt still. I thought I had more but I'm not in game atm to verify, I'm 100% sure on the shirt though.

fotini
03-15-2007, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=Mitch;177423]"Moonstruck Fool" (Tursh)
Quest can't be continued after the first parley with Samantha
(Someone told here http://vgtact.com/showthread.php?t=2861
about patch notes which say quest is fixed but that's not the case, the quest is still bugged)

"Rank Dealings" in Veskals Exchange (Subquest of "Underworld Steel")
NPC Ramaok requires 25 merchant presence for the parley but atm it's impossible to gain 25 merchant presence because civic diplomacy NPCs for raising merchant presence do not exist. Also not possible with clothes because only type of clothes with merchant presence are some leggs but none of them have 25.

Contact Kirael (Forests Heart)
Kirael is not existent

i cant complete moonstruck fool task in tursh also after firt parley so maybe bugged .Second step says to resolve samanthas ..... but still dont know what to do to finish it

Kirael also bugged i look for him ages

darury
03-15-2007, 12:24 PM
"Rank Dealings" in Veskals Exchange (Subquest of "Underworld Steel") NPC Ramaok requires 25 merchant presence for the parley but atm it's impossible to gain 25 merchant presence because civic diplomacy NPCs for raising merchant presence do not exist. Also not possible with clothes because only type of clothes with merchant presence are some leggs but none of them have 25.

While I don't have my specific gear in front of me, several things come to mind: I have a +Merchant Presence on earring, boots, and chest piece. I think I'm currently maxing out around 34-37 range.

My approach was to do a looong grind session in the 125-150 range to gain a large amount of various rumors, hearsay, evidence and then keep handing in until I go the various merchant gear that was required for the task.

Of course, now I need 50 Merchant Presence to finish the "Build Some Hype" task in 3 Rivers.

doomcookie
03-15-2007, 01:36 PM
The third quest in the Moonstruck Fool line was what was previously broken and what was fixed. Unfortunately, the second is now broken. Now that I am aware of the problem though, it will be fixed too.

My sincere apologies.

Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
Sigil Games Online
Diplomacy: Blood, Sex, and Rhetoric

Melios
03-16-2007, 08:22 AM
Getting merchant presence might be tough. There is a quest to get merchant shoes in Khal though.

Lumberg
03-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Tier 1 and 2 clothes can give +merchant. Unless it was removed recently. Tier 3 at the moment does not give any.

Leto Eu`Acumen
03-17-2007, 08:09 AM
The third quest in the Moonstruck Fool line was what was previously broken and what was fixed. Unfortunately, the second is now broken. Now that I am aware of the problem though, it will be fixed too.

My sincere apologies.

Lindsay Morgan Lockhart
Sigil Games Online
Diplomacy: Blood, Sex, and Rhetoric

Hope so :)

Re-re-confirming that as of March 17th the quest line still stalls after the first parley with Samantha, unable to get the follow-up quest for Thannis (or any quest after obviously and unable to complete the initial quest without them.)

shamusmacgowan
03-23-2007, 12:51 PM
Hope so :)

Re-re-confirming that as of March 17th the quest line still stalls after the first parley with Samantha, unable to get the follow-up quest for Thannis (or any quest after obviously and unable to complete the initial quest without them.)

I started this quest last night. Here's where I am so far.

I Was able to do the first parley with Samantha, and beat her.

Went to Thanis, did his and beat him.

Went to what's her face with the zombies and did her parley, beat her.

Now I'm back at Samantha, and wow has she gotten harder. After about 10 attempts last night, the closest I got was 2 away from winning. I don't know if it's just she's too hard (she says 65, but she's harder than some 100's that I've done), or if I just need to keep working to figure out how to beat her.

Roguefox
03-25-2007, 06:00 AM
really? i beat all of em first try at ~100 skill. hardest part was getting the presence needed.

Brownshoe
03-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Maybe this thread should be deleted, now that they've fixed these quests, especially the Moonstruck Fool line in Tursh?

The comment on there being not enough clothing with Merchant presence is just erroneous.