PDA

View Full Version : Hathor Zhi Starting Diplomacy Questions

alric
03-19-2007, 12:39 PM
So I finished the line that leads up the the big gathering of characters, finish off, get the note about couriers from the girl (along with the courier pouch), and found the guy indicated in the note. He completes that quest, but doesn't give me any continuation... is this a bug? I was expecting a horse quest at this point.

Brownshoe
03-19-2007, 03:13 PM
What adventuring level are you?

The quest for your free horse requires you to be level 10, if I remember correctly.

alric
03-19-2007, 04:04 PM
What adventuring level are you?

The quest for your free horse requires you to be level 10, if I remember correctly.

I'm level 18 =/

I don't care about the horse (already bought one), I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything.

KevinV12000
03-26-2007, 02:11 PM
This same thing happened to me last night. It sure looked and felt like a bug to me. It clearly SHOULD have lead to a horse quest, but just died with no further quest given (and did not end normally).

Methinks there be a bug afoot! :steelers:

Arcee
03-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I have a similar issue, i'm a level 13 DE Bloodmage now and bought a horse (the 40% one) at level 10 or 11 but still wanted to do the diplomacy horse quest (since it gives you additional goodies such as horseshoes, saddlebags etc, at least some other races get them).
My diplomacy skill is at 65 and i was told that the horse quest could be obtained in Hathor Zi in the main hall, but i haven't found any NPC that would give me that quest.

KevinV12000
03-28-2007, 08:26 PM
Arcee, I found out in game last night that that final guard was supposed to give out a bundle for delivery to a NPC in Lomshir, where the quest is continued. So, basically, we're screwed.

Wartorn
04-16-2007, 02:46 PM
Arcee, I found out in game last night that that final guard was supposed to give out a bundle for delivery to a NPC in Lomshir, where the quest is continued. So, basically, we're screwed.

Did that part yesterday and delivered the goods to Lomshire (You get the 12 slot saddlebag as reward).The next step is to go to the gnome bunker east of Khal - problem is your KOS there... so you really can't complete it and btw your on a 40min counter...

Screwed up quest line IMO.:confused:

Jerzy
04-19-2007, 07:59 AM
Did that part yesterday and delivered the goods to Lomshire (You get the 12 slot saddlebag as reward).The next step is to go to the gnome bunker east of Khal - problem is your KOS there... so you really can't complete it and btw your on a 40min counter...

Screwed up quest line IMO.:confused:

I just did the part for the saddlebag on my DE. What can you kill for faction with the Gnomes?

Wartorn
04-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I just did the part for the saddlebag on my DE. What can you kill for faction with the Gnomes?

Good question - I rode all the way over to the bunker just to find out that I was KOS. The person you have to talk to is outside the bunker - would be an easy fix to make him non-KOS and let us complete the quest by sneaking up to him.

Now I have to grind enough mobs to get access and re-do the quest entirely. :cry:

Absalon
04-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Good question - I rode all the way over to the bunker just to find out that I was KOS. The person you have to talk to is outside the bunker - would be an easy fix to make him non-KOS and let us complete the quest by sneaking up to him.

Now I have to grind enough mobs to get access and re-do the quest entirely. :cry:

The gnomes at the Neamsog bunkers are on Upside Defense faction, or something like that. You can increase your faction with them by killing bees (3+ dots) or further to the north are some Ksavari (2 dots).

For Mekalia faction, there is a cave near Mekalia. I forget the name of it.

Bottle
04-19-2007, 11:52 AM
So I finished the line that leads up the the big gathering of characters, finish off, get the note about couriers from the girl (along with the courier pouch), and found the guy indicated in the note. He completes that quest, but doesn't give me any continuation... is this a bug? I was expecting a horse quest at this point.

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

It's been a while, but I recall there being a tail after the grand finale.
There was one witness to take care off. Upon doing so, the assassins who'd been helping you turn on you and you have to do some fast talking to get not be the last loose end being tied. After that there's a confrontation with your Mentor who (as I recall) decides you're better off some ways away from him (you're starting to spook him) and sends you towards Dark Horse Track, where you can pick up the Horse Quest.

I may be off and it may be things got bugged since then, but that's how I remember it. Was a pretty cool story-line all in all. But all the Diplomacy tutorials are great.

brusw68
04-20-2007, 03:42 PM
What can you kill for faction with the Gnomes?

This is a handy web page (http://www.vgtact.com/wiki/index.php/Gaining_Faction_in_KoS_areas) for such questions.

Jaade
04-28-2007, 03:47 PM
My friend and I did the quest without earning faction from anyone else. Since the last man we interviewed was KOS, (this was a while back, sorry for the hazy details) we were able to get him to parley by standing on the rock just behind him and he didn't try to attack us as long as we stayed on the rock. We both completed the horse quest without any problem.

Earlchaos
05-02-2007, 05:56 AM
Hm, long time ago i did this - you should have about 40+ diplomacy before you can get the horse quests. The quests in Hathor Zhi are all about that guy in the bank and the guy in the crafting area. i did the quest until horse track and then stopped it for some reason. After all the quest isn't worth the effort - diplomacy horses start with lower speed than normal horses (i heard speed will increase depending on your diplo level but i'm not sure) and the saddlebags - well, you can get bags with 8 slots for some coppers and you may find 12-16 slot bags in the broker. I never understood why the horses of the diplo quest are slower than bought ones as in the same time you can earn the money to buy two horses.

I did the complete quest incl. horse quest for mekalia which took about 7 hours because of running around all the time - but if you're not addicted to diplomacy just leave it.

cheers

brusw68
05-02-2007, 03:14 PM
i heard speed will increase depending on your diplo level but i'm not sure

Not quite. The text talking about the growth of the horse is trying to hint that there will be quests to improve the horse. Your T1 horse will always be the T1 horse and slightly slower than the Adventure T1 horse. However, you will need it to do the Diplomacy quest for the T2 horse (which is, saddly, slightly slower than the Adventure T2 horse).

There is rumor that at some point Diplomacy horses will be faster than bought horses, but I have never heard this from a confirmed dev. If it does happen, though, it will have to be T3, T4, or T5, because it hasn't happened yet.

Twitchy
05-04-2007, 02:19 PM
I agree. Our horse should be just as fast as the adventure quest horse.

Also--- The KOS mob. YES I can confirm if you stand on the rocks behind him and "Hail" him with the "H" key you can complete the horse quest. :pirate: