PDA

View Full Version : World of Warcraft Players Beware

Labyrrinth
04-05-2007, 10:42 AM
The BBC is reporting that “World of Warcraft players are being targeted by hackers exploiting flaws in how Windows handles animated cursors. The flaw came to light in late march and lets attackers take over vulnerable PCs via booby-trapped website.”

Continue reading the article… (http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/6526851.stm)

Kathas
04-05-2007, 06:52 PM
There is something seriously WRONG in a world where a game account is worth more than a stolen credit card.

GuyJantica
04-06-2007, 02:23 PM
There is something seriously WRONG in a world where a game account is worth more than a stolen credit card.

It's probably easier and less risky to sell off stolen WoW accounts than try and use a stolen credit card.

-GJ

bronstahd
04-10-2007, 03:18 AM
It's probably easier and less risky to sell off stolen WoW accounts than try and use a stolen credit card.

-GJ

uhm... I'd say both statements are correct to the nth degree. ;) To a criminal, I'm sure it's much more appealing to make a few hundred off a WoW account with impunity than make a few thousand off a credit card and possibly, if not probably, spend the next several to many years in prison!

Sunrock
04-17-2007, 03:19 AM
I think that the development we see in MMORPGs today we can blame the game companies like SOE and Blizzard for as mush as the secondery gold market for. The game companies are too lazy, week or just don't care to enforcing there game policies quickly enuf for them to have any real impact.

Sure they ban a account here and there, but the chanse to be caut breaking the game plicies are as high as wining the lottery.

cshaw419
04-20-2007, 07:27 AM
uhm... I'd say both statements are correct to the nth degree. ;) To a criminal, I'm sure it's much more appealing to make a few hundred off a WoW account with impunity than make a few thousand off a credit card and possibly, if not probably, spend the next several to many years in prison!

You would be suprised at how easy it is to get away with the selling of CC numbers. That being said, anything a criminal can sell for any amount of money is worth stealing to them. The would steal the fillings out of your teeth if they found a good market for them.