PDA

View Full Version : The Tabula Rasa Benefactor Project Contest

Labyrrinth
04-15-2007, 12:33 PM
Tabula Rasa, an MMO in development that features an epic war between an alien race bent on galactic conquest and the coalition of rebel soldiers, is currently running a contest based on the new language that its Executive Producer, Richard Garriott, created for the game. The language is called Logos and consists of a series of symbols. The first person to correctly translate the message and submit it will have an NPC named after them

Nearly 50 years ago, an archeologist found an unusual artifact during a routine research project in Machu Picchu, high in the Andes Mountains of Peru. It was a small disk with a metallic triskelion in the center and strange ideograms along the edge. The unusual disk was dubbed “The Mystery of Piedra de las Acianos” and received very little attention for many years.

Several years ago, “The Benefactor Stone”, as the disk was now called, found its way to the United States. A small team of serious researchers began to examine the disk using an array of modern scientific equipment. They found that the ideograms constituted a unique form of communication. They further hypothesized that the disk itself was possibly of alien origin....

Click here (http://www.playtr.com/community/contests.html) for the rest of the story, contest rules and a list of already translated symbols

Navid
04-15-2007, 06:00 PM
thats cool, reminds me of the secret stuff on the eq site

fatsuprman
04-16-2007, 05:57 AM
Looks good, signed up to the beta :) the team are from UO aswell :) wonder if LordBritish will make an appearance.

Rourke
04-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Yeah..i singed up as well..kinda reminds me of Planetside a bit. Looking for a new game since my VG isn't playable anymore =(

Jroon
04-17-2007, 12:16 PM
Yeah..i singed up as well..kinda reminds me of Planetside a bit. Looking for a new game since my VG isn't playable anymore =(

Looks awesome. But mostly because I worship Lord British's work :D

(What's up with the wierd smileys on this forum btw :spiderman: )

ThreadKiller
08-28-2007, 04:52 PM
did anyone else buy the pre-order package and actually get two beta keys in it?

Kovacs
09-08-2007, 11:57 AM
It's in open beta now. Gamespot has free download..

Eh.. it's an alright FPS meets RPG... Bioshock'esque in that it seems to combine the shallowness of an bad MMORPG without the grit you teeth intensity of a good FPS. But on the good side NO!! Frikkin' Elves and haven't seen one Gandelf or Dr'zzit... so for what it's worth.