PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard & Make-a-Wish = A WoW Dream Come True

Labyrrinth
05-23-2007, 01:18 PM
Ezra Chatterton, a 10 year old WoW player, was recently diagnosed with a brain tumor and the prognosis isnít good. When Make-a-Wish came calling a couple of weeks ago, Ezra knew exactly what he wanted, "I wished for a trip to Blizzard because I'd like to see if they could make a character and do some things for us."

Blizzard did more than Ezra ever expected;
Blizzard pulled the daylong funfest together in days. On Friday, father and son arrived at Blizzard's Irvine headquarters in a black limo to tour one of the world's most successful game companies.
Chatterton was whisked immediately to Kaplan's office to create weapons and characters for the game. Later he would head to the recording studio to do a voice for the new character and meet with an artist to get the character's look just right. Throughout the day, he got to design a new weapon, add his dog Kyle to the game, create a quest and record his voice for the new character, Ahab Wheathoof, the Old Rancher.

Read the full article here (http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/money/homepage/article_1702706.php)

The Make-a-Wish (http://www.wish.org/) foundation is an organization that grants wishes to children that are diagnosed with life-threatening medical conditions

QforQ
05-23-2007, 02:10 PM
That is really cool! Kudos to Blizzard

dakyres
05-23-2007, 02:51 PM
That deserves a Kudos , even to Blizzard.

Navid
05-23-2007, 03:23 PM
thats really cool, good choice! My friend also had that and he got aa dj'ing system. Good part is he survived! Even better he jokes about it. Like when one of our friends is like "I dont feel good, I have a bad head ache" he is like "oh a headache ooo sounds bad, I mean I had cancer but yeah a headache must be tough" (kidding of course)

anway I remeber him saying it made him feel loved and special. good stuff

fatsuprman
05-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Thats great :)

Drool
05-23-2007, 03:36 PM
Nice job, Blizzard.

Maybe they can help out some ex-Sigil employees next.

Ethanael
05-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Amazing story! Kudos to Blizzard for allowing this to happen. :D

Faelor
05-23-2007, 06:01 PM
Very amazing, great story!

mamamccann
05-23-2007, 06:09 PM
Very amazing, great story!

Wonderful...!

Swayde
05-23-2007, 06:37 PM
That is is so sweet. I hope that boy lives a full life, but if not I am glad there is an organization like Make A Wish Foundation to help him have fun in the time he's given.

Napolleon
05-24-2007, 12:15 AM
Nice job, Blizzard.

Maybe they can help out some ex-Sigil employees next.

haha nice jab!

but good job blizzard, even though i hate blizzard, was a very nice thing for them to do

tembel
05-24-2007, 04:19 AM
These are the stories I love to hear. Good job Blizzard you really made this kids wish come true.

Henkie
05-24-2007, 05:01 AM
Really, these are the best stories to read. I wonder if Blizzard gave him a livetime subscription for free :D

Brikk
05-24-2007, 10:05 AM
haha nice jab!

but good job blizzard, even though i hate blizzard, was a very nice thing for them to do

Why would you 'hate' Blizzard? You can 'hate' their games but seriously you 'hate' the company as a whole? I like Blizzard games, I liked WoW... got bored of it but I liked the game. Now that I think of it, I can't name a Blizzard game that I didn't enjoy playing.

AsheMan
05-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Why didn't he wish for a character in Vanguard?

Dexlen
05-24-2007, 07:43 PM
That was a great thing to do. Shows a lot of class.

Gfactor
05-25-2007, 11:54 AM
That is really cool! Kudos to Blizzard

*nods* Dats what life is all about. Snaps to blizzard

Thraer
05-25-2007, 05:00 PM
I am almost certain that the EQ team did something like this a long time ago. They had a group raid on Nagafen with the kid when Nag was a big deal.

nuandy
05-25-2007, 07:18 PM
the Make-a-Wish foundation are a fantastic charity world wide doing some great things for kids who are terminly ill

I have seen first hand how they can bring joy to these childre and their familys and i dont think the charitu has ever brrn turned down by and organisation they have approched for help

one of the things they do a lot here in the UK is take familys to disny in FL and arrange vists from footnallers

some of these kids are the most amazing human beings and their bravery is a insperation

rhagz
05-26-2007, 09:26 AM
I am almost certain that the EQ team did something like this a long time ago. They had a group raid on Nagafen with the kid when Nag was a big deal.

It was the Sleeper. They gave a kid a bunch of insane gear and let him solo the Sleeper on a private server.

Koldfire
05-27-2007, 06:10 AM
Why would you 'hate' Blizzard? You can 'hate' their games but seriously you 'hate' the company as a whole? I like Blizzard games, I liked WoW... got bored of it but I liked the game. Now that I think of it, I can't name a Blizzard game that I didn't enjoy playing.

Did you hate warcraft 3? strarcraft? Diablo 2? those are some of the best games in their genres, Blizzard makes quality games. Hate on WoW all you want but if you like RTS and non-mmo RPG's (who doesn't?) then you're an idiot to knock blizzard.

Brikk
05-28-2007, 01:11 PM
Did you hate warcraft 3? strarcraft? Diablo 2? those are some of the best games in their genres, Blizzard makes quality games. Hate on WoW all you want but if you like RTS and non-mmo RPG's (who doesn't?) then you're an idiot to knock blizzard.

Think you quoted the wrong post there. I like Blizzard's games including WoW. Looking forward to Starcraft 2...

OldschoolEQer
05-28-2007, 03:00 PM
Hat's off to Blizzard for the very classy act. :)

Amerylla
05-29-2007, 12:21 PM
That rocks.. Awesome Blizz :D

Jaguarjp
06-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Well, from a PR perspective, doing something like this was a no-brainer decision for Blizzard: nothing bad could come of it. Take that statement at face value, as I'm not trying to incorporate into it any of my own feelings or opinions regarding Blizzard as a company.

From a "human" perspective, it was certainly a great thing to do: the kid had a wish, and Blizzard, along with the Foundation, made it come true.

Oh, and I found the crack about giving the kid "a lifetime subscription" cruel, yet humorous.