PDA

View Full Version : Game Critics Choose Best of E3

Dillgaar
05-25-2006, 10:32 AM
Now that the thunder of E3 is but a gentle roar in the distance and the coverage has dwindled into a trickling stream of information, the critics have come out to play with the "Game Critics Awards: Best of E3 2006".

You can chek out Gamasutra's rundown of the nominees (http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=9445) or see the results for yourself (http://www.gamecriticsawards.com/nom.html).

Vengeful
05-25-2006, 11:24 AM
Vanguard didn't have a playable demo, did it?

Skarlath
05-25-2006, 12:31 PM
It had a hands-on for character creation, but the rest of the game was shown off under the controls of the devs. (IIRC)

Divinefist
05-25-2006, 01:11 PM
Having WoW's expansion count as a game seems unfair, at least by definition. But maybe that speaks to how nice some of its new features and such will be for the game.

Is this list limited to games that were finished or mostly finished? (That will, in essense, define what Vanguard's absense from the list means or does not mean to me.) Are any of the listed games in a phase of development that Vanguard is in, or were these all more finished games that people got to really demo for themselves. I remember reading, for example, that people were swinging around those new Wii systems for themselves a bit. Didn't see Gods and Heroes or Conan on the lists and those seem about the same stage, roughly, as Vanguard. Huxley is there, but is that game more complete, was it demo'd by people, etc.?

Dillgaar
05-25-2006, 01:24 PM
If you read the disclaimer at the bottom of gamecriticsawards.com it says that the games without hands-on demos were ineligible which would count Vanguard and probably a good deal of other games due to only having dev driven demos for a lot of the more popular games at E3.

Unfortunately it is hard to gauge how well a game will play if you dont get a chance to drive it for yourself.

Divinefist
05-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Ahh, I see. I carefully read the top for any eligibility statement, but failed to gather such info at the bottom of the page.

Giftmacher
05-25-2006, 02:03 PM
Glad to see Bioshock has a good showing, I'm really looking forward to that game SS2 fanboi that I am :D

Gift.