PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Help You

Dillgaar
06-12-2006, 11:46 AM
Some times in our lives, we all have pain, we all have sorrow...

BUT... IF we are wise we know that there's always tomorrow... and another possibility for phat lewtz!!!

If the ending to that statement sounds familiar then maybe our friends over at the Smith & Jones centers can help you out. Have you woken up in your sleep yelling RASTER!!! or Curse you Gynok Moltar!!! Then you may understand what some of our brothers and sisters in pain are going through. Times like these are tough and it's always good to have someone to fall back on. Unless of course you are dangling from one of the tree-high obstacles at the center... then the person you fall back on may be running away yelling HOLY $#^%&!!!

In any case, if you or someone you know needs help, and you are in or have easy access to the Netherlands, please contact Smith & Jones (http://www.smithandjones.nl/frameset.htm?page=/game.htm) today.

P.S. Smith & Jones... I'll be checking the mail for my check thx ^_^ KEKE!!!

Navid
06-12-2006, 12:08 PM
So what exactly is this? I help/detox center? or they help you get through levels and get lewt?

I am a little confused

akherat
06-12-2006, 12:16 PM
So what exactly is this? I help/detox center? or they help you get through levels and get lewt?

I am a little confused

It's a camp for gaming addiction.

Navid
06-12-2006, 12:16 PM
oh ok so it is a help center...place

I wonder if they ever find one of thier patiance at 3:00am in the middle of the forest with a big batter pack and a laptop playing WOW or somthing. LOL

I can just imagin the guy looking up all guilty like hhehehehe

Though I did hear of a guy at highschool that was very addicted, and his mom banned him from playing and then later caught him at 3:00am playing the game and she found out later he had been waking up at like 2 am and playing till like 4 or 5 am and then going back to sleep so she would never know. So she send him to one of these centers...but now that I think of it I never heard of him agian LOL, they go in and NEVER come back!

But it is sad when people get addicted to anything, it destroys people....

Navid
06-12-2006, 12:17 PM
lol Dillgaar are you getting payed for this?

Wave
06-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Is this... is this for real?! :eek:

Dillgaar
06-12-2006, 01:32 PM
lol Dillgaar are you getting payed for this?

They couldn't pay me enough to make this stuff up... and yes it is for real...

Magna
06-12-2006, 02:44 PM
Lemme guess, these centers aren't free or cheap. Why is this on Silky Venom? It feels like a billboard advertisement. Sorry.

Dorfeater
06-12-2006, 02:53 PM
I like the fact that it's in Amsterdam...

I mean, I've never been there so I'm just making an assumption...

You can get all kinds of drugs in Amsterdam... but they view gaming as a higher addiction ;)

Just playin, Just playin... I think this is a good idea, because no matter what anyone says.. gaming IS an addiction. I went through withdrawls when I came to Iraq for 2 1/2 weeks.

Shakes, cold sweats, nightmares... lol.. it sucked.

Dillgaar
06-12-2006, 02:57 PM
Lemme guess, these centers aren't free or cheap. Why is this on Silky Venom? It feels like a billboard advertisement. Sorry.

Because it's news... whether we think it is or not, having a clinic open up specifically for gaming addiction is something that effects the gaming community as a whole. And while we do have some folks from the Netherlands and whereabouts that frequent our site I highly doubt that our audience is one that is in dire need of these "services" so if you still think it's an ad for them just remember this... it's only an advertisement if it is something you are looking for.

Skarlath
06-12-2006, 04:01 PM
Shakes, cold sweats, nightmares... lol.. it sucked.

Really? :eek: Naaasty. People often talk about being 'addicted' to a game, but thats generally just that they are playing it a lot in a manner that suggests they can't stop. I'd hate to actually suffer withdrawal symptoms from games!

How long was it until they went away? Or did they not until you were able to play some games again? :p

Magna
06-12-2006, 05:05 PM
It's not the first one tho. Things like this have been around since EQ Widows was started years ago in EQ1. That was a free self-help group for non-playing partners of players addicted to EverQuest. Since then it's snowballed & there are many clinics in America where you can pay for inpatient and outpatient services for a variety of prices. It might be new in Amsterdam but it's not new in America. Nowadays everyone's addicted to something - don't you know? lol Watch tv!

AgentJ
06-12-2006, 06:40 PM
Intervention!! :D

Lord_Vyper
06-13-2006, 01:25 AM
Hi, I'm Lord_Vyper, and I'm a gaming addict.
It's been about 2 hours since my last raid.

Giftmacher
06-13-2006, 07:27 AM
I'm currently unaddicted to games, I'm suffering from major gameplay apathy and have been for a few months. Where do I get a cure for that? :p

Gift.

Mack Bolan
06-13-2006, 08:25 AM
I wonder a few things, like how do they CURE you. Do you sit and talk in group sessions? Do they give you great drugs?

I think that we need to be made aware that places like this exist because there is a need. I am pretty sure, that VSOH is going to be helping fill that place.

Nishua
06-13-2006, 08:36 AM
I'm currently unaddicted to games, I'm suffering from major gameplay apathy and have been for a few months. Where do I get a cure for that? :p

Gift.

Same here.

This is so stupid I dont even know where to begin.