PDA

View Full Version : Good News for Cyberathletic Supporters

Dillgaar
06-21-2006, 01:17 PM
1878DirecTV has signed a deal with the Cyberathlete Professional League (www.thecpl.com) to exclusively televise gaming competition.

Who knows you may be flipping through the channels one day and stop and say "Hey, isn't that Halo 2?" or maybe you are in the other room and randomly start hearing video game sounds coming from your TV.

It's apparent that video games are here to stay and DirecTV may have just taken steps to a long and lucrative relationship.

You can find out more about the deal here (http://www.thecpl.com/league/).

Shogg
06-21-2006, 01:57 PM
I can't wait to hear of the first case of an elderly Grandma figure having a heart attack from flipping through channels, after coming across one of the Grand Theft Auto games :D

Navid
06-21-2006, 08:24 PM
oooh I would love to watch that

I love to watch people play them anyway

armsakimbo
06-22-2006, 04:34 PM
I'm sorry, but I saw the thread title and the image that came to mind was a pixellated jockstrap. I think I've read too many threads in Off Topic on the OVF. :(

rabb1t
06-22-2006, 04:41 PM
Me too hehehe.

(It isn't your fault. I believe the phrase has a misplaced modifier or word order thing going on. ;) )

Dillgaar
06-22-2006, 05:26 PM
Actually the title was exactly that... something to bring to mind the old school jokes about athletic supporters (eg: the jock strap)

It's a bit of a tongue and cheek as it were, meant to instill 10 year old thoughts into our aging minds