PDA

View Full Version : Wii-mote in Action

Labyrrinth
06-21-2006, 11:28 PM
1883Blatantly taken from Slashdot (http://www.slashdot.org)"Gameworld Network has posted an epic collection of streaming E3 videos which clearly depicts each and every playable Wii game and how exactly one has to swing, wave, shake, point, wiggle and/or jostle the Wiimote in order to play"

Check them all out here (http://consoles.gwn.com/articles/article.php/id/719/).

Tindiyen
06-22-2006, 12:17 AM
The more of the Wii I see the more I am convinced of what a superb console it will be. The Controller looks innovative and fun. I was leaning hard on a PS3 but I can see myself changing my mind.

rabb1t
06-22-2006, 12:23 AM
I can agree that Wii has a bigger 'hey we are at a party with random friends, lets have "fun"' impact, but as something I'd want to play for several hours at a time and 'game' I am more into PS3.

So... yeah Wii looks cool... up to like 5 games now I'd be interested in... and it goes back to the classic Nintendo 'innovation and fun over um... whatever' so I'd go for it for that. :D

Ellestil
06-22-2006, 01:05 AM
I see a drastic incline in carpal tunnel syndrome around the world coming down the road with this game lol. It does have an "Ooo Ahh" to it, but like the other poster said, I believe when it came down to wanting to sit down for some long console playing stretches, the PS3 will be prefered.

Ellestil

rabb1t
06-22-2006, 01:11 AM
Oh, and it shouldn't need repeating, but if Lucas Arts ever made a Jedi game where you used the Wiimote, particularly if a special edition Lightsaber Wiimote were sold, they'd sell a billion Wiis. :D

Oh um... I usually use a billion as my 'big number' but I guess in this case, since they already do that... so, 'a zillion Wiis' ;)

darkarius
06-22-2006, 03:48 AM
Trying to buy the PS3 is like putting a down payment on a car.
Nintendo has always been the one to try to break the mold in some way and be revelutionary and alot of their idea's have hit pay dirt. Yeah I know they target a kitty audience but no matter the theme of the games they make I always have fun. Price vs the quality and reliably good game content I take nintendo.

But hey having the choice of paying $600.00 for a system I would rather buy a bucket. Out of all choices I think the Xbox 360 will pull away with this one hanging pn the edge of expensive but the game offerings are outragously good, especially with their online setup. Nintendo will have to find a way to get down with online and do it well to have a chance against Xbox 360.

Tylith
06-22-2006, 09:12 AM
yeah, the Wii is gaining my interest... hopefully it will do good.

As for the ps3 i doubt i'll get one.. there just doesn't seem to be any really good games for it... atleast not at the moment..

Flame0001
06-22-2006, 02:20 PM
The more and more I read the MMOG news sections from Silky Venom, the more and more I feel like they mirror Slashdot.

Either way, <3 Wii.

EDIT: Oops, didn't even read the title since I saw it was a Slashdot clone. Anyways, there's been many other storys that are Slashdot clones, and I felt it to make a comment on this one. ^_^;

Navid
06-22-2006, 08:29 PM
I ahve never bought a consol but i think i am going to buy a wii. For family use. I think its just so family friendly...

Mirakel
06-27-2006, 03:08 PM
I feel the same way Tind. I'm all about me some PS3, but the Wii just looks like good ol' fashioned fun.

Bolshoi
06-28-2006, 09:05 AM
PS3 is too expensive for my tastes. I want a game console that will be fun. I don't want an all in one entertainment system with a web browser and blu-ray movie player that I need an HD-TV to get full use of. I have a DVD player and I have a computer. Why would I pay $600 to get them all again alongside a gaming system?

Sony is taking a huge gamble with this console, and personally, I think it would be a good reality check for them if it crashed and burned. But that's just me....

Edit: Oh, I almost forgot to mention how they treat their customers like Sony slaves. Much like what they did with SWG. Completely remake the entire system without telling anyone, and pretty much expecting everyone to be ok with it. And their comment about how they could "sell a billion PS3's without having any launch games" doesn't make me feel any better about them.

rabb1t
06-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Sony is taking a huge gamble with this console, and personally, I think it would be a good reality check for them if it crashed and burned.

Unlikely. People simply fail to do the math on this one. Add up all the parts for the Xbox 360 in order to match what the PS3 has and, big surprise, you wind up at the same cost. (Without the possibility for HDMI 1.3 output.)

Oh, I almost forgot to mention how they treat their customers like Sony slaves. Much like what they did with SWG. Completely remake the entire system without telling anyone, and pretty much expecting everyone to be ok with it.

You are connecting tech support for SWG, a single game made by SOE, to Sony corporate and then back out onto Sony Computer Entertainment why?

This would be like saying that Windows is a much beloved product which noone should flaw because the Xbox 360 is fairly successful in the U.S. despite its near failure overseas.

And their comment about how they could "sell a billion PS3's without having any launch games" doesn't make me feel any better about them.

You are pulling this from where?