PDA

View Full Version : 27 Confirmed Launch Titles for Nintendo's Wii

Labyrrinth
08-14-2006, 03:46 PM
1950NWizard is reporting that there are 27 confirmed launch titles coming to Wii, making this the biggest game console launch in gaming history. These aren't a bunch of no nome titles either, the comfirmed list consists some serious big hitters including The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, Red Steel, and Metroid Prime 3.

Check out the full article and listing here (http://www.nwizard.com/web/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=245&Itemid=2).

Razorwire
08-14-2006, 04:13 PM
That is a solid launch selection there is actually more than one title that I want. I didn't care about any of the 360 launch titles. Nintendo is looking better and better (even though I already wanted one)

Tindiyen
08-14-2006, 05:12 PM
All they need is Zelda and Metroid to stomp a hole into the PS3, 25 more are just icing on the cake. I was hyped about the PS3, now Wii looks more and more like my choice.

rabb1t
08-14-2006, 05:24 PM
I'd disagree. I have a sort of mark at 4 launch titles before I'd even consider buying a Console. With the Wii, Zelda, Metroid and Final Fantasy is it for me. It doesn't even get my minimum 4 with those launch titles.

While I don't know how many of the announced PS3 games are launch titles, I believe my PS3 game list is now at 20 and climbing.

The big 3 will serve them well, but I don't think the fact that the big 3 are there will cause gamers to swarm to the system. However, I don't doubt it will far outsell PS3 due to its much lower price-point and more kid-focused nature. Launched at any other time of the year I don't think it would do anywhere near as well as it will.

Not poo-pooin in the thread, I'm just sayin, it's gonna take more than the big 3 to get my purchase. :rolleyes:

tolliner
08-14-2006, 06:29 PM
What! No Vanguard!? :eek:

:p

Razorwire
08-14-2006, 07:33 PM
I'd disagree. I have a sort of mark at 4 launch titles before I'd even consider buying a Console. With the Wii, Zelda, Metroid and Final Fantasy is it for me. It doesn't even get my minimum 4 with those launch titles.

While I don't know how many of the announced PS3 games are launch titles, I believe my PS3 game list is now at 20 and climbing.

The big 3 will serve them well, but I don't think the fact that the big 3 are there will cause gamers to swarm to the system. However, I don't doubt it will far outsell PS3 due to its much lower price-point and more kid-focused nature. Launched at any other time of the year I don't think it would do anywhere near as well as it will.

Not poo-pooin in the thread, I'm just sayin, it's gonna take more than the big 3 to get my purchase. :rolleyes:
All they need is Zelda to get me to buy it lol :)

rabb1t
08-14-2006, 07:39 PM
hehehe for single games, it'd have to be a Star Wars thing for me. :D Wiimote lightsaber for the win!

AgentJ
08-14-2006, 09:27 PM
Theres a good 5-6 I have interest in... but after spending like 750$ upgrading my computer, im not sure I can afford a console :D

(And plus that monthly subscription... ;))

ranc0r
08-15-2006, 02:12 AM
*yawn* (looks at calendar) hurry up vanguard

Iadien
08-15-2006, 08:33 PM
I want 5 of the games if they're launch titles for the US as well.

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Excite Truck
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Kherrek508
08-15-2006, 08:51 PM
I want 5 of the games if they're launch titles for the US as well.

Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Excite Truck
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Crystal Bearers
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

I really don't know what games I want, other than Elebits. I think they all look incredibly fun, I'm especially drooling over the Virtual Console. Speaking of the Virtual Console, I wonder what kinds of games the independant developers have brewed up for us? :)

Embers
08-23-2006, 10:58 PM
I wanna play Zelda. I don't wanna buy a Wii. :(

rabb1t
08-23-2006, 11:01 PM
Get it for GC.

Embers
08-23-2006, 11:21 PM
Well, don't have one of them either. :p

I suppose it's time for a new console unit.

Razorwire
08-24-2006, 10:52 AM
the Wii will play all the Zelda games how can you not be planning to buy one?

Embers
08-24-2006, 11:09 AM
the Wii will play all the Zelda games how can you not be planning to buy one?

Ok, ok, I'll plan on it....saving my gaming pennies starting..NOW.

Dillgaar
08-24-2006, 12:24 PM
they need to release a zelda anthology... its past time

rabb1t
08-24-2006, 03:55 PM
They likely will have it via the download.