PDA

View Full Version : Former Star Trek Captains Lend Voices to Star Trek: Legacy

Labyrrinth
08-14-2006, 03:17 PM
1951William Shatner, Scott Bakula, Patrick Stewart, Avery Brooks, and Kate Mulgrew will be lending their voice talents to Bethesda's upcoming Star Trek: Legacy game, a space combat sim that casts players as Starfleet admirals commanding a task force of vessels through large and small scale battles.

In an interview with Yahoo (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060814/en_nm/life_shatner_startrek_dc), William Shatner was asked why he decided to lend his voice to the game, "I couldn't imagine someone else playing Captain Kirk, even in a video game, so I kind of got a little territorial," he said. "If it's a good game, keeping true to the characters the best they can and having an interesting story that branches, I think a game can bring a freshness to a franchise like 'Star Trek'."

rabb1t
08-14-2006, 03:39 PM
I couldn't imagine someone else playing Captain Kirk...

Matt Damon this! :mad: :D

If they are gonna show Kirk as 'not-Kirk' they should go younger, like late-teens or something.

Ayerc
08-14-2006, 04:34 PM
Everytime someone mentions Matt Damon, I hear the line from Team America.

"Myatt....Daymon...":p

ranc0r
08-15-2006, 01:14 AM
LMAO Shatner ROAST!!! THIS GAME WILL SUCK

Giftmacher
08-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Hehe well let's hope Will is right and it'll be a decent game. The ST franchise doesn't have a spotless track record in this regard though...

Gift.

rabb1t
08-15-2006, 10:00 AM
So far Legacy is the only one I've been interested in playing (from that series).

I'm surprised they don't revive Vulcan Fury. At this point it would be a lot easier to do then when they originally thought the idea up.