PDA

View Full Version : Advanced question

Estar87
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
i understand the game but what does the various equipment do. For instance i got + 2 to soldier presence and +6 to clergy presence but i dont know what those do.

Atlas
01-16-2007, 01:58 AM
I don't have any of that myself, but it sounds like an increase in presence when parleying with a certain type of NPC. That's just an educated guess though.

Lalkin
01-16-2007, 02:41 AM
i understand the game but what does the various equipment do. For instance i got + 2 to soldier presence and +6 to clergy presence but i dont know what those do.

A certain amount of Presence is required to begin a non-quest parley. For instance in CB if you talk to many of the Raki in the Chamber of Tomes (once you have 40 or so Diplomacy) you will see a selection called "Civic Diplomacy." In there are several parleys you can choose, each requires a certain amount of presence before you can select it.

Doddy
01-16-2007, 08:44 AM
More presence allows you to exert greater influence over the civic diplomacy levers too:

<75: Newcomer - levers are increased by 1 each time you complete a parley successfully
<224: Known - levers are increased by 2 each time you complete a parley successfully
225+: Respected - levers are increased by 4 each time you complete a parley successfully

Lalkin
01-16-2007, 05:19 PM
What are levers? :D

Traldan
01-16-2007, 06:11 PM
What are levers? :D

Lalkin, read this article (http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=507) for a good description of Civic Diplomacy, written by Aruspex (the Diplomacy Lead).

Lalkin
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM
Lalkin, read this article (http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=507) for a good description of Civic Diplomacy, written by Aruspex (the Diplomacy Lead).

That is cool. Thanks for the link.

Labyrrinth
01-17-2007, 08:57 AM
There's also an absolute TON of information on our wiki here (http://wiki.silkyvenom.com/index.php/Diplomacy) including a link to the interview Traldan linked above

xphenix
01-17-2007, 03:08 PM
What about losing ? seen a faction lose once, won just after but didn't got back my faction.

What are the dangers of losing a parley? don't see any so far just have to try again and win : no risk.

Zelos
01-17-2007, 04:24 PM
What about losing ? seen a faction lose once, won just after but didn't got back my faction.

What are the dangers of losing a parley? don't see any so far just have to try again and win : no risk.

It's mostly just faction loss. However, since the faction loss is roughly equal to 3 successful parleys worth of points, you have to be winning at least 70% of the time to advance your faction.

Sorkvir
01-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Stupid question:

How do I gain more presence? I know that I have clothes that will increase it, but is there any other way?

I can't seem to find clothes that'll increase my presence enough to do some more Diplo quests. I did some Civic Diplomacy and got some 'information', but I cannot find the people to turn it into.

For example, the blackmail vendor is 'supposedly' in Martok. I can't seem to find him anywhere :(

Zelos
01-22-2007, 05:44 PM
Stupid question:

How do I gain more presence? I know that I have clothes that will increase it, but is there any other way?

For example, the blackmail vendor is 'supposedly' in Martok. I can't seem to find him anywhere :(

Successful parleys will s.l...o.....w.......l.........y ... increase your presence score.

The diplo brokers have a nasty habit of being well hidden, I'm afraid. I found the one in Lomshir behind the city on the edge of a mob-spawning ground - definately off the beaten path.

Thala
01-23-2007, 05:55 PM
Successful parleys will s.l...o.....w.......l.........y ... increase your presence score.

The diplo brokers have a nasty habit of being well hidden, I'm afraid. I found the one in Lomshir behind the city on the edge of a mob-spawning ground - definately off the beaten path.

Some are more hidden than others.
The Arcana broker is in the middle of the city, if you come in from the east side it'd be hard to miss him.
The Blackmail broker in Martok is in the inn.... second floor.

Matuse
01-28-2007, 10:44 AM
The blackmail broker in Halgarad is standing right out in the open, plain as day.