PDA

View Full Version : Dark Elf Diplomacy Line..

Xesor
01-17-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm almost through with the starting line of quests for the Dark elves. I can't login at the moment or I'd be more exact with what I'm asking about, so sorry in advance.

I'm on the quest to get rid of the one Praefect, and put the other one in his place. The quest log tells me to

"Speak to Nalvren about how to do this."
"Speak with Nalvren when this is done."

Ok, anytime I speak to him though, he just tells me the same thing over and over that he told me when I accepted the quest. Not exactly sure what I'm doing wrong here, but the quest seems broken to me.

I've abandoned the quest multiple times, each time same thing happens. Anyone complete this in the past couple days that can tell me what I'm screwing up on?

Lalkin
01-17-2007, 09:56 PM
/bug it. I've encounters lots of broken quests still so if you spent a long time making sure you aren't missing something submit a bug report and move on. :(

Sorkvir
01-18-2007, 02:31 PM
My Dark Elf Diplo has hit this roadblock as well. It frustrated me enough to start another character in a different starting area.

From what I gathered from asking people, if Nalven (sp?) has anything to talk about in the dialogue box, you must complete that dialogue before continuing.

For my Dark Elf, I had the beginning Statement Part 1 and Parley Part 1. Diplomacy battles to do. The problem is, no matter how many times I complete these, they always re-appear.

Tonight I'm going to mess around a little more before giving up for good on it.

Yep, I've bugged it after every patch :D

morgana
01-18-2007, 03:41 PM
When i did this quest series, Nalven also offered a second quest at the same time as the Praefect one. If you follow that one eventually it updates the other.

The problem i had was crashing mid-parley and loosing the quest from my log. So that meant i was unable to continue. :(

Wire43
01-18-2007, 07:16 PM
[QUOTE=morgana;59801]When i did this quest series, Nalven also offered a second quest at the same time as the Praefect one. If you follow that one eventually it updates the other.

Same issue for me I have 4 parleys with the the one guy I do those and it loops back. As far as following the second part of this quest to speak to people in the web, I have talked to every NPC in the DE area and get no parlay's from them.

I may as well but it also

Ferrer
01-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I've had this bug, but there is hope! Check the bank in HZ for any quests. One of the tellers there has the last part of that quest thread and once you complete it the dark elf diplo quest line moves on like normal. You've talked to this guy earlier when discovering how the praefects were funneling money from the Legion funds to their own. I hope that helps you all.

neofit
01-20-2007, 02:12 PM
I've had this bug, but there is hope! Check the bank in HZ for any quests. One of the tellers there has the last part of that quest thread and once you complete it the dark elf diplo quest line moves on like normal. You've talked to this guy earlier when discovering how the praefects were funneling money from the Legion funds to their own. I hope that helps you all.
The problem is that if you took and finished that second quest before you even started "Praefect Victory" like I did (these diplo plots are confusing enough without having two of them running at the same time :) ), then there is no way to progress in the Victory quest.

Absalon
01-24-2007, 02:01 PM
The problem is that if you took and finished that second quest before you even started "Praefect Victory" like I did (these diplo plots are confusing enough without having two of them running at the same time :) ), then there is no way to progress in the Victory quest.

According to Zahariel, this issue should be fixed, though it probably didn't make it in until the last patch or two of beta.

Sorkvir
01-24-2007, 11:59 PM
According to Zahariel, this issue should be fixed, though it probably didn't make it in until the last patch or two of beta.

Actually, I do believe it was fixed although I didn't get a chance to fully test it. Last night when I logged in with my DE (I've been logging next to Nalzen), he had 2 new diplomacy quests available. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Didn't get a chance to go try them out though, I was in a rush to go get a griffen and look at the opened areas.

sudanger
01-29-2007, 01:59 AM
Actually, I do believe it was fixed although I didn't get a chance to fully test it. Last night when I logged in with my DE (I've been logging next to Nalzen), he had 2 new diplomacy quests available. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Didn't get a chance to go try them out though, I was in a rush to go get a griffen and look at the opened areas.

I went through the whole starter line right when the Headstart began. The only difference I noticed were the lower difficulties in some parleys. And the last part changed. The part before "Loose Ends", where you had to go to the Library? then all apeared after another .. then killed each other. This part, sadly, was taken out. You can progress right after you accepted the mission.

(now i wait for adv lvl. 10 to get my horsy)

Borked to no end is the Civic Diplo quest set/line thingy in Hathor. There seems to be only one way to finish it...with hundrets of choices how you do. But 99 ways reset one or the other quest and you have to start all over.