PDA

View Full Version : A few diplomacy questions...

Mirra
01-20-2007, 02:25 AM
Woot, up to 45 now. :cool:

1. What is civic diplomacy? Is that something you start or do you generally just walk around talking to NPCs?

2. What do the numbers beside their names mean? I.e. it shows you the colors they can use and then a number....what does that number represent?

3. For high elves, once you finish the quest where you borrow the horse and run to the other town, where do you go from there? I don't see the next quest.

Thanks!

Zelos
01-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Civic Diplomacy is something available in most cities across Telon. It's not a quest - it's how diplomats buff a city. By getting a civic "lever" up to 50, a city-wide buff is activated. For instance, Tricks of the Trade gives all artificers who happen to be in the city at that time a +25% bonus to crafting. Other civic buffs I have seen include +15% harvesting yield and +1% energy regen per second and there's about 40 other levers I've never seen activated. Generally speaking, you're not going to be able to pull a city's lever by yourself, unless you've got 2+ hours to kill. You're going to need other diplos to help you.

The number is their skill level. For each 5 points higher than you, they need one fewer dialogue points to win. For each 5 lower, they need one MORE dialogue point.

I don't believe there is a next quest at that point, you're supposed to use civic diplo to boost your skill until you qualify for higher level quests.

Mirra
01-20-2007, 11:53 AM
Civic Diplomacy is something available in most cities across Telon. It's not a quest - it's how diplomats buff a city. By getting a civic "lever" up to 50, a city-wide buff is activated. For instance, Tricks of the Trade gives all artificers who happen to be in the city at that time a +25% bonus to crafting. Other civic buffs I have seen include +15% harvesting yield and +1% energy regen per second and there's about 40 other levers I've never seen activated. Generally speaking, you're not going to be able to pull a city's lever by yourself, unless you've got 2+ hours to kill. You're going to need other diplos to help you.

The number is their skill level. For each 5 points higher than you, they need one fewer dialogue points to win. For each 5 lower, they need one MORE dialogue point.

I don't believe there is a next quest at that point, you're supposed to use civic diplo to boost your skill until you qualify for higher level quests.

Thanks a ton, that's a big help. I guess I will go play with civic diplomacy then and have some fun. :D

Contact
01-20-2007, 01:31 PM
For the next step in the quest from Morawen Achald, you'll need to be level 10 adventuring or crafting.