PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Factions

Estar87
01-21-2007, 12:57 AM
So what are Prestige factions?

I was attempting to do the quest for civic diplomacy trainer about it however found him to be impossible to beat beacuse of overpowerd cards (He has one card that gives him 2 of every color and 1 point on his side that costs nothing called Open Mind and follows with 3 point and 5 point cards of every color.)

Mirra
01-21-2007, 01:52 AM

I was attempting to do the quest for civic diplomacy trainer about it however found him to be impossible to beat beacuse of overpowerd cards (He has one card that gives him 2 of every color and 1 point on his side that costs nothing called Open Mind and follows with 3 point and 5 point cards of every color.)

Nope, I can't beat the prestige part either. I would be curious to know what strategy if anyone is able.

Estar87
01-21-2007, 03:56 PM
Nope, I can't beat the prestige part either. I would be curious to know what strategy if anyone is able.

only stratgey i could come up with is having a diplo skill over 100 since you need 11 points to win and its rated as 50 100-50 = 50 / 5 = 10 points. So you will need only 1 point to win the parley.

Mirra
01-21-2007, 04:08 PM
only stratgey i could come up with is having a diplo skill over 100 since you need 11 points to win and its rated as 50 100-50 = 50 / 5 = 10 points. So you will need only 1 point to win the parley.

lol Not a bad thought.

Doesn't look liek anyone else has been able to beat him either.

Zelos
01-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I can't even enter the parley. I was given a rod with +11 Noble presence, but the parley requires 10 Academic presence. The only Academic item I have is +3, which isn't even enough to be able to grind academics in Civic Diplomacy to raise presence.

Mirra
01-21-2007, 07:12 PM
I can't even enter the parley. I was given a rod with +11 Noble presence, but the parley requires 10 Academic presence. The only Academic item I have is +3, which isn't even enough to be able to grind academics in Civic Diplomacy to raise presence.

Zelos, I thought you were in Leth Nurae as well? :(

Anyway, sure hope they fix it before beta goes off. I'm going to have diplomacy withdrawals.

Sorkvir
01-22-2007, 11:11 AM
Not sure if this helps, but I ran into the same problem for the Raki quest series. I came across a NPC that I could not beat with my deck.

What I opted to do was a 'starvation' strategy. I played against him 2~3 times until I learned what cards he 'liked' to play and then I placed cards that removed the colors he liked (sorry, don't remember what they call it :) ). It ended up being a VERY long game, but in the end I won.

Not sure if it helps, but when it sure did when I ran against a stacked deck.

Zelos
01-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Zelos, I thought you were in Leth Nurae as well? :(

Anyway, sure hope they fix it before beta goes off. I'm going to have diplomacy withdrawals.

My high elf got stuck beneath the world and I didn't bother to get him straightened out.

Estar87
01-23-2007, 02:21 AM
the trainer was changed to have a challenging deck that wasnt unbeatable. Awnsered the question myself :
Prestige faction allows for special quests and higher forms of civil diplomacy such as writs.

BTW i was in halagrad not Leth Nurae

Thala
01-23-2007, 06:29 PM

That's not how it works.

A parley has a related dialogue. To see that entire dialogue, you have a minimum number of lines of text, which translates into a minimum number of dialogue points. So, if an NPC has a 15 line dialogue, you will always need 15 points to win. Where the skill difference comes in is on the NPC side, since relative skill either adds or subtracts from the number of points the NPC needs to win. In your above example, you would still need 11 points to win, but the NPC would need 21 (11+10).

The NPC requires at least 1 point to win (you'll see that when your skill is way below theirs) and needs up to twice the minimum number of points you need to win (you'll see that when your skill is way above theirs). So again, with the above example, the most points the NPC would need to win if you were way lower than them in skill is 22 (2 * 11).

For reference with a dialogue that is 15 lines long (most are 12-15 lines):

NPC skill 100, you skill 10: (100-10)/5 = 18, 15-18=-3, (-3 < 1) so NPC needs 1, you need 15.
NPC skill 100, you skill 100: (100-100)/5 = 0, 15-0=15, so NPC needs 15, you need 15.
NPC skill 100, you skill 200: (100-200)/5 = -20, 15-(-20)=35, 35 > (2*15), so NPC needs 30, you need 15.

milow
01-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Sense the diplomatic quest seem linear if you reach a mission/quest that you cannt win at is there away to get different cards so you can come back and try again.

I was doing Defender mission and it wants me to Gossip with Ree. Kojani hands start out heavy in Reason and Gossip cuts that right out. Ree has 5 zero cost cards that give 2 influance each time. So you cannt limit his points as he dosnt need any. On the flip side he is usually feeding you Reason points. He has 3 cards that give 1 demand, or 1 inspire, or 1 flattery, but he usually Play Litany of logic if he can which gives Demand points, and then follow up with Acid tongue.

I can maybe win 1-3 rounds depending but usually I get in 2 influence and then 3 influence and I just get stuck with no points and Ree moving it 2 points/turn in his favor.

I did run around looking for another mission to try but didnt find any. I also didnt find anyone that has gotten past him but really only talk to 3 people so that not much of a sample size.

Melios
02-07-2007, 08:00 PM

They seem to be analogous to "artisan faction" awarded to crafters who do work orders.

I don't know what all they do necessarily, but I do know each one generally encompasses multiple areas. For example, "Pankor Zhi Diplomatic Prestige" covers Hathor Zhi & Lomshir areas.