PDA

View Full Version : How to grasp a thistle

Oisin
01-27-2007, 04:45 AM
I think Lyliani would agree w/ me that this needs it's own topic. Any information/npcs to beating him please post here, I've been running around enough for tonight >_<

Goodnight!

Oisin
01-27-2007, 04:46 AM
Copy from Lyliani:

I'm having problems with a diplo quest in Tursh - im skill 40 now, and there's this one quest named "How to grasp a thistle" or something like that. He has a no cost card that gives him 2 yellow dots, and gives me one yellow dot. Then he changes his yellow dot into red dots, and then into green dots which gives him 5 points. And there is NO WAY i can counter it. I don't have rebuttals yet so i can't starve him, and none of my cards can build up to 5 points because the majority of them are blue cards and the blue line isnt available for that quest. I've been at it for about 2 hours now and i'm so damn frustrated

the closest i've come was 4 behind. the worse was 0 to 14 yuck.

Greydog
01-27-2007, 08:41 AM
I dead ended here last night also. The only counter we have for his reason card is our inspire ...which is not allowed in this parley.

At this point there is no way to win this one!

eqfan592
01-27-2007, 11:46 AM
I dead ended here last night also. The only counter we have for his reason card is our inspire ...which is not allowed in this parley.

At this point there is no way to win this one!

I am having the exact same problem :( The majority of my cards are blue, so I don't have much in the way of other colors, but it was never really a problem until now. This guy gives out almost nothing in the way of fuel, is able to fuel himself extreamly well, and I have no way of fueling myself effectively, nor of taking away his fuel. It's agrivating to say the least.

I have a few ideas and questions though. What affects the fuel you start the game with? I always start with one red. Is it based on clothing or something?

Anyway, I love the dip system, I just hope somebody knows a way of beating this guy for us blue dip folks. Any tips would help. Ways of getting new cards, increasing starting fuel, new cloths that will help, ANYTHING.

I must say though that I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having this problem. I've been looking all over the message boards for somebody talking about this, and have found nothing.

Lyliani
01-27-2007, 12:05 PM
Yeah i didnt find anything either. The quest's name is

"The best way to grasp a thistle"

i was looking on the web last night, and apparently, they had problems with this quest during Beta (i was on another continent during Beta - so i didnt know about that)

I've asked in shout, and no one responded if they had a problem or not, and no one in the dip channel responded either (join /dip for your server... i dont know if anyone hangs out in there)

Bleh - i was so addicted to the diplo line it was a shame to get stuck so early.

eqfan592
01-27-2007, 12:42 PM
Yeah i didnt find anything either. The quest's name is

"The best way to grasp a thistle"

i was looking on the web last night, and apparently, they had problems with this quest during Beta (i was on another continent during Beta - so i didnt know about that)

I've asked in shout, and no one responded if they had a problem or not, and no one in the dip channel responded either (join /dip for your server... i dont know if anyone hangs out in there)

Bleh - i was so addicted to the diplo line it was a shame to get stuck so early.

I feel the same way. I haven't felt the sting as much simply because when I got stuck it was at the end of the night last night, and I'm at work right now doing a 12 hour shift, so won't have a chance to play till later anyway, but I know that if I can't get this figured out it'll be a damn shame.

I've acutally thought about making a new char with different card specs just to get through it, but honestly, going through the entire newbie quest again doesn't sound that great at all.

If need be, I can get my adventure lvl up to 10 while I wait, and there's always crafting to work on as well :)

BTW, do you know if you have to have lvl 10 adventure to get the horse quest? Or can you get the quest without having the lvl?

Musti
01-27-2007, 05:58 PM
I feel the same way. I haven't felt the sting as much simply because when I got stuck it was at the end of the night last night, and I'm at work right now doing a 12 hour shift, so won't have a chance to play till later anyway, but I know that if I can't get this figured out it'll be a damn shame.

I've acutally thought about making a new char with different card specs just to get through it, but honestly, going through the entire newbie quest again doesn't sound that great at all.

If need be, I can get my adventure lvl up to 10 while I wait, and there's always crafting to work on as well :)

BTW, do you know if you have to have lvl 10 adventure to get the horse quest? Or can you get the quest without having the lvl?

no you just need diplomacy skill of 40 to ride the mount dont remember exactly when you can get the quest but im lvl 6 and have it.

eqfan592
01-27-2007, 06:12 PM
no you just need diplomacy skill of 40 to ride the mount dont remember exactly when you can get the quest but im lvl 6 and have it.

Is your crafting lvl 10? Because i hear that crafting lvl 10 would also work over adventure lvl. If not, then that's awesome cuz I really want to ride the horse right away :)

Musti
01-27-2007, 06:18 PM
Is your crafting lvl 10? Because i hear that crafting lvl 10 would also work over adventure lvl. If not, then that's awesome cuz I really want to ride the horse right away :)

nope my crafting is only lvl 5

eqfan592
01-27-2007, 06:20 PM
nope my crafting is only lvl 5

Awesome, I guess they got rid of that requirement then :) That makes me happy :D

Thala
01-27-2007, 07:23 PM

The NPC who gives the quest gives you a temp horse to get you to the next location. Are you riding that horse? Or did you get the actual permanent horse?

Musti
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
The NPC who gives the quest gives you a temp horse to get you to the next location. Are you riding that horse? Or did you get the actual permanent horse?

i had the real horse after the quest is completed but i dont ever ride the horse actually just have one im a bard so i have no need for a horse anyways

Greydog
01-28-2007, 01:33 AM

You're dp skill must be 40+ to get the initial quest. The second part for the horse itself you must be lv 10 adv or crafter. (a horse has a min lv 10 requirement)

...not really worth it anyway.

At lv ten you can buy a horse thats 5% faster than the dip horse ...which you will probably need anyway because you usually fail the mission at least once. ;)

Oisin
01-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Or you can just be a bard ^________^