PDA

View Full Version : Can't beat Hubert Ringsworth / Time for Tursh ?

syneris
01-27-2007, 07:09 AM
In the Halfling's Newbie Diplomacy line, I just can't get past "Time for Tursh". Everyone I've talked to also haven't been able to 'recruit' Hubert Ringsworth.

*Bug Alert*
Make sure you accept right away the quest Hubert offers after you beat him or you can't progress

Flattery is Not Allowed.

Hubert Ringsworth deck:
Shrewd Allegation: 2 Infuence / Gives Opponent 2 Inspire / refresh 1-4
Moral Authority: 0 Infuence / Gives Opponent 1 Inspire / Gives Self 2 Inspire / refresh 2-5
Fools Rush In: 0 Infuence / Cost 2 Demand / Gives Self 5 Inspire / refresh 4-8
Worldly Proof: 3 Infuence / Cost 2 Inspire / Gives Opponent 1 Reason / refresh 3-5
Judicious Declaration: 5 Infuence / Cost 3 Inspire / Gives Opponent 1 Demand / refresh 1-3

:eek:

As I was writing this, I discovered an extremely simple way to beat him!

Items you need:
Reasoning Gloves

Cards you need:
Truth Be Told
Loud Criticism
Itemized Comparison

Gameplan:
Listen on the first turn.
He should play Shrewd Allegation.
Play Loud Criticism.
He should play Moral Authority.
Listen again.
He should play Worldly Proof.
Play Itemized Comparison.
Listen until he plays Shrewd Allegation.
Play Truth Be Told.
He should Listen.
Listen 0-2 turn until Itemized Comparison is ready.
Play Itemized Comparison.
Listen until you win.

You may have to play Itemized Comparison once more depending on his refreshes, but I never had to.
If you follow this strategy exactly and lose due to horrible luck, just try again.

Aruspex - SGO
01-27-2007, 08:16 PM
Despite your victory, we're making Hubert a little easier in the next patch.

o
A

LazyWolf
01-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Could you review the Spiritrager Guardians near the Vulmane village, too?
There are three of them. Last patch fixed one of them, the other two still play with that Hammer of Injustice (TM). ;)

syneris
01-28-2007, 01:49 AM
Despite your victory, we're making Hubert a little easier in the next patch.

o
A

Thank you! It's definately too early to run into someone as difficult as him. I'm hoping the bug is getting fixed too (haven't checked today), as I'd like to continue on with diplomacy.

SageGaspar
01-28-2007, 05:41 AM
The spiritragers are doable... but it took me over a half hour to find the right cards and it could still go wrong if you got unlucky with one refresh timer. I was able to coach some other hopefuls through it afterward hehe.

They are about five hundred times harder than anything that comes before or after it though (except maybe the intro to civic diplomacy... ouch), so I imagine it's still not tweaked exactly where you want it :P

LazyWolf
01-28-2007, 05:52 AM
If you need to rely on luck (and thus the refresh timers) then there is something wrong with the Spiritrager parley - at least at this early point in the diplomacy sphere. I don't mind tweaking my deck a bit, but not to the point that the game seems less like fun and more like work. ;)

Anyway, as it seems we have to wait at least a day or so until the next patch... may I ask you for a few helpful pointers how you managed to beat them. I tried several combinations, even got as close as 2 points to the victory, but sadly it never worked out in the end. Maybe I just don't have that much luck with random timers.

Mithrull
01-28-2007, 09:37 AM
Having a problem with Novice Fletcher in Rallying the Students. He has four cards that give him +2 and cost nothing. He pumps me with lots of demand but I have only one card that uses demand and its quite slow. I obviously have many cards that give me inspire but I can't feed myself fast enough. If my rebuttal converted demand into inspire I'd be golden but it converts flattery and that's not part of an incite. Looking at his cards more closely, they would actually feed more flattery than anything but again, it doesn't matter. Getting trounced by this guy.

Mithrull
01-28-2007, 11:21 AM
Well managed to get past it but only because someone was doing civic dip and I got a buff that awarded a card using demand.