PDA

View Full Version : Civil diplomacy

milow
01-27-2007, 03:49 PM
I am up to 60 skill now and I have alot of black mail, rumor, and other such items from doing civil fights (?). Do I need to look for a broker and turn them in for cash and rewards? I am really looking for a new quest line to start after finishing my horse and just talking with everyone I can. They are silly easy to beat basically like killing lvl 10 2 dots mobs.

Oisin
01-28-2007, 10:55 AM
Most of the people I've found to talk to are really hard, they start w/ like 1-4 influence while I satrt w/ like 10-15. I managed to get 2 but I can't find a rumor broker or w/e it's called in Tursh :x

Sorkvir
01-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Most of the people I've found to talk to are really hard, they start w/ like 1-4 influence while I satrt w/ like 10-15. I managed to get 2 but I can't find a rumor broker or w/e it's called in Tursh :x

The reason they start with that much influence is because of their 'level' compared to yours. Next to the parley choice is a number, that is the 'skill level' of your opponent. You really want to find parleys that are around your level to prevent losing (which decreases your faction by large chunks).

As for brokers? They're scattered all over the place. So far, I've found a Trend Broker in Tawar Galan, a Plot Broker in Tanvu, and a Arcana broker in Ca'ial Brael.

The Blackmail brokers I've 'heard' are in Martok and Hathor Zhi. The plot broker, I 'think' is in Bordiner's (sp?) Cleft.

Absalon
01-29-2007, 01:20 PM
I am up to 60 skill now and I have alot of black mail, rumor, and other such items from doing civil fights (?). Do I need to look for a broker and turn them in for cash and rewards? I am really looking for a new quest line to start after finishing my horse and just talking with everyone I can. They are silly easy to beat basically like killing lvl 10 2 dots mobs.

There are information brokers scattered around each continent. Off the top of my head I don't remember them all, but I know there are Arcana and Blackmail brokers in Hathor Zhi, a Trend broker in Lomshir and a Plots broker in Khal. There is a complete list over at vgtact.

There are quests out there you can do as well. In Khal there are 4 quests that I know of.

ThreadKiller
01-29-2007, 01:24 PM
there's a blackmail broker in Halgarad.

Tharzidun
01-29-2007, 02:04 PM
VGtact.com has a nice post about where to find the informants (not called brokers anymore). Aruspex (the diplomacy developer lead) frequents the site as well.