PDA

View Full Version : Gnome Diplomacy - Crackdown

Sepp
01-28-2007, 09:07 AM
Wondering if anyone else has gotten to this point and unable to get by it. There's one person I'm supposed to Gossip with, Dalenax I believe, that I get "No Line of Sight" when trying to use cards, when she's clearly right in front of me. I've spun circles around her trying to find some magic spot with no avail. Is the gnome diplomacy line borked at this point? (And thus one of the reasons for the civil dip down to 2 change...)

And while I'm at it, how do I turn in my pay check? The gal in Upside Affairs that it says to turn it into has no option to do so. Thanks!

Zyque
01-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Wondering if anyone else has gotten to this point and unable to get by it. There's one person I'm supposed to Gossip with, Dalenax I believe, that I get "No Line of Sight" when trying to use cards, when she's clearly right in front of me. I've spun circles around her trying to find some magic spot with no avail. Is the gnome diplomacy line borked at this point? (And thus one of the reasons for the civil dip down to 2 change...)

And while I'm at it, how do I turn in my pay check? The gal in Upside Affairs that it says to turn it into has no option to do so. Thanks!

I finished the gnome diplomacy line on release day - so unless something has borked itself since then it was working.

No Civic diplomacy in Mekalia yet - so you have to make the trip to Kahl to keep going once you get there.

Sepp
01-29-2007, 12:57 AM
You're one of the very few people I've found that HAS gotten past it then. Everyone in my guild and that I've talked to is stuck at the same spot... the other I heard getting by said she relogged over and over until line of sight suddenly worked =/

CathainCorpsemaster
01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
How do you get past Agent Adel in the Investigate quest line? The cards she uses all have no cost to her, have 2+ values and although they all have 1-4 or 1-5 timers she uses them very frequently. She is the last of the Agents I need to interview for the quest and I can't seem to find the right combo of cards.

Sepp
01-29-2007, 10:57 PM
How do you get past Agent Adel in the Investigate quest line? The cards she uses all have no cost to her, have 2+ values and although they all have 1-4 or 1-5 timers she uses them very frequently. She is the last of the Agents I need to interview for the quest and I can't seem to find the right combo of cards.

Sounds likes beyond where I am. Still stuck on Crackdown, day 3 =/ I spent 20minutes today dancing around that NPC trying to find Line of Sight and got nothing.

Zyque
01-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Sounds likes beyond where I am. Still stuck on Crackdown, day 3 =/ I spent 20minutes today dancing around that NPC trying to find Line of Sight and got nothing.

I finished the entire gnome line today - I got the final "Horse" quest from Thulk (who was/is RED to me - I bugged that - good thing he couldn't move!) After that it was a trip to Lomshire.

I never had a problem with anyone that I couldn't see. I did the quests all the way to Thulk on day 1 of Pre release - at that time there was no line of sight issue.

There were a couple of nasty points - I can't remember the names at this point, but I'm certain that anyone doing this will be able to figure it out:

1) After whats-his-name was killed in the alley, I reported it to the Constable nearby. Then had to go report it to some guy who was in the same building as the main I-4 NPC. This guy was FRIGGIN HARD. I spent 2 hours trying to figure out a card combination. When I finally did it was one that wouldn't win every time - the timing would have to be pristine (card couldn't take too long to recharge) and I remember thinking to myself "nothing else would ever work." It was obvious that I was right because after that every diplomacy quest I completed said "you are the first to complete this quest."

So the question is - what setup did I use. Damn guys, I wish I woulda written it down. I believe that it included the card that gives you 2 green and 1 yellow (line of reasoning?) as well as both the green card of +3 and the yellow card of +3 (that combination has served me well). I think it might have also had the red card of +3 because I think that the NPC was feeding a little red. I'd go back and figure it now but I'm at diplomacy 100 with other cards... so I don't remember what I had at that point.

Maybe someone else has better notes then I do (I don't keep notes :)! It was very hard, especially compared to the very easy stuff I'd done up to that point.

2) I have never been able to turn in any of my I-4 pay cheques. Still can't.

3) After I confronted buddy in the Reanimations area at the school of Wizardry he said "go talk to whats-her-name in upside affairs." But don't. Initiate the conversation with the same guy in the school of Wizardry. They have this parley attached to the wrong NPC.

4) Thulk. I had to delay this part of the line because I was level 7 or something when I did most of it, but when I tried to get the quest off of Thulk he told me I needed to be level 10 for the mount (which was odd considering I used a mount in a previous quest that brought me from the bunker outside the gnoe city to Neamsog Bunker). Thulk is red. He isn't that tough. Get close enough to hail him. You'll probably get hit. back far enough away that he can't keep hitting you but not so far that you loose the screen.

5) The first NPC you talked to in the quest given by Thulk was damn friggin impossible. Even harder then reporting that murder (point 1). She is some bimp by a woodfire a little ways down the road towards Kahl. Anyways. I finally gave up, went into Kahl, grinded NPCs until I was diplomacy 100, and then went back and kicked her ass.

6) Be careful in Lomshire! Yeah - this doesn't have as much to do with the Diplomacy quest line that leads you to the racetrack, but rather a little further on in Lomshire. Faction is messed up there. I Killed a ton of the Horse Raiders and got my Lomshire faction to 500. Anyways, there is a banker (who was stuck in a building when I got there) who happens to be the only person that was still red after that. She wasn't anchored. I died. Then I came back and went far around her, and started parlaying with a guard. Another guard attacked me, and then the guard I was 1/2 way through a parley with attacked me too. I died. During my CR I realized that I was till red to the guards on the NW enterance to town.

I did all my civic diplomacy grinding in Kahl since it wasn't in Melkalia yet. If anyone can get around the first NPC parley in the quest Thulk gives you without gaining at least a few levels in Diplomacy I would be very interested.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Something I remember for sure about the cards I was using for point 1 was that I had the card that gives you 2 points, but gives your opponent 1 of each of the colours. I remember distinctly putting this in because I thought, hell, if he is using no-cost cards to get 2 points every single round then it doesn't matter what I give him. So to the best of my recollection those were the 5 cards. I also remember that near the end my focus wasn't at all on what he was doing rather what colours he was feeding me to use. I also remember that when I won he had 2 points left. Oh - and I know that one of his cards was at a max-refresh because I remember siting there thinking "if its refreshed then he will play it and he wins, if it hasn't then I win..."

Sepp
01-30-2007, 08:04 AM
"- Apprentice Dalenax no longer does whatever it is gnomes do to not be in line of sight when you are looking right at them."

From today's patch notes. See I wasn't nuts! =P Thanks for the tips though, I didn't read them yet, but will if I run into trouble.

Sepp
01-30-2007, 08:24 PM

I just beat Adel, here's the deck I used:

Snippet of Wisdom (2pt Comment, 3-3 refresh)
Blanket Acusation (1pt Comment, 1-3 refresh)
Flattering Remark(1pt Comment, 1-3 refresh)
Enticing Whisper(3pt Assertion, 2inspire cost, 1-3refresh)
Loud Criticism(3pt Assertion, 2falttery cost, 1-3refresh)

Start with Snippet, then use one of the 1pt comments, that gets you a 2pt lead. I had gloves that give me +1 flattery at start on, and if she played something that gave you a flattery to start with, your third card is Loud Criticism, and then just play everything as soon as you can. Even with this desk it took me 3 tries, to get the refresh timers to work in my favor. Adel had almost max every color when it was over, but she does only use comments, that are always 2pts, so its a struggle for certain.

Tamarae
01-31-2007, 05:45 PM
Cashing your I-4 Paycheck:

Go to Egota Rurgleby..whatever her name is.

Target her.

say "cash my paycheck"

She gives you conductor disks (money!)

Someone was nice enough to tell me, thought I'd share :D