PDA

View Full Version : Stored Strategies

Lizard
01-28-2007, 12:02 PM
Feature Request: Let us save and restore named Strategies, i.e, "Insight Deck", "Gossip Deck", "Kick-yo-azz deck", etc. Especially when you start getting up to 10 cards, constntly shuffling cards around has got to be a pain. "OK, this is an interview, so I can use flattery, switch that in and that out and change this to that..."

LazyWolf
01-28-2007, 06:51 PM
I second that. While I don't mind manually creating a new deck every now and then when I meet a special someone along a questline, I really would prefer to have some decks prepared - at least one for each of the five possible parleys.

Rasalas
01-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I agree. I got into a rut where I would only do Convince and Interview Civic Diplomacy so I wouldn't have to change my strategy. Doesn't work well when you throw quests into the mix though.

Slyde_Rule
01-29-2007, 03:26 PM
I was surprised when I discovered there was no option to save a deck.

I assumed that would be a no-brainer to the design team. I should've know better to assume such a thing...

Overall though, Diplomacy is very well done and I'm sure they will make it even better as the game matures.

Absalon
01-29-2007, 03:33 PM
This is on the Devs' list of UI enhancements for post-release, along with card sort options, card resizing and others.

Lizard
01-29-2007, 03:37 PM
This is on the Devs' list of UI enhancements for post-release, along with card sort options, card resizing and others.

Do you have a link to this?

Absalon
01-29-2007, 05:03 PM
Do you have a link to this?

This is the chat log from beta on 1/7:

http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=511

One of the other VG affiliates has a cleaned up version (just Aruspex's answers and the questions he was directly answering), but I forget which one.

Do a search on CARD SAVE and you will see Aruspex's answer.