PDA

View Full Version : Did they take out statement vendors?

vindrow
01-28-2007, 06:39 PM
They used to be there during beta, now I can't find any.

Also, has anyone done the diplomacy quest for vulmanes? I have gotten as skill lvl 27, and having to convince some spirit guardians..I was able to get one, but the other I just can't seem to beat no matter what strategies i try to use.

LazyWolf
01-28-2007, 06:46 PM
They are bugged and still swinging that 'Hammer of Injustice' (as the devs called it). The one you managed to beat was repaired with the last patch. Somehow the devs forgot that there are actually three of them. ;)

Hopefully this will be adressed on monday.

Slyde_Rule
01-29-2007, 03:29 PM
These two posts are related to the problem with the Vulmane Spiritrages...

http://www.silkyvenom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7839
http://www.silkyvenom.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7424

Jaxom
01-29-2007, 05:53 PM
Looks like Slyde is out to find every thread on this subject and object to them, but the truth is that they are not impossible to beat.

I'm a Vulmane Dread Knight and it took me a little while thinking about it (i.e. about 10 hands) before I beat all three. As is posted elsewhere, the one on the right (facing away from the city) is the easiest but the other two can be managed if you look at how they play. You don't have any advanced cards so you just have to think about how to make the best use of what you can get and use. My play hand was built using 4 cards from the initial training (the 2-influence card and three 3-influence cards depending on what expression is forbidden each time). The Fifth card is a 0-influence card to generate expression for myself so that I am not sucking fumes while my opponent denies me expression.

Since they're using lots of "free" 2-influnce cards which give you one point to use, you know some constraints. That's not enough for a lot of your powerful cards. Further, with one type of expression blocked out depending on the type of parley, your opponent will play to give you that first. As a result, if you open with a 1- or 0-influence card, you know you will be consistently losing points. On the other hand, if you open with your 2-pointer you'll win your first round and not lose anything on his play.

On your second play, if you play a 0-pointer that gives you 2 expression (paired) that you can immediately convert for 3-influence, then you are *still* ahead of him by the time you play your third card. By the end of your third card your opponent is racking up a bunch of expression that he will never use (so who cares) and the influence marker is still one point in your favor.

He plays his third card and it is now one influence in his favor but you have the card that you opened with back for 2 influence so you score again. His fourth play is going to give you *more* expression to play and at this point your 0-point card to generate a lot of expression is almost certainly back. So regardless of his fifth play you are going to be in a position to play *some* 3-influence card.

Put it this way... After I figured out how to play speed influence instead of trying to control expression I didn't lose to the third spirit rager at all.

Now, I admit that this is *nothing* like I normally play. I much prefer a solid Demand/Inspire Gossip deck and I have built my Diplomacy collection specifically for that. All but one of the cards I used against the spirit ragers is from the starting training and I had three equal options to plug in for the fifth card so although I can't think of every card you might have gained I can be pretty sure that one that you have at least one that is a 0-influence card that will generate at least two expression on your side of the board.

Slyde_Rule
01-29-2007, 06:44 PM
You're right Jaxom, I am looking for all the threads on this subject, but only hoping to find a solution, and to agree with the original poster.

I will happily give your strategy a try, and will post back here if it works.

Thanks for the tip.