PDA

View Full Version : City Buffs: Which does what?

Khaunshar
01-29-2007, 11:13 AM
We dont have any sort of information here about what the different city buffs do. So far, I switched Hathor Zi on Gelenia to:

Shared Effort: +15 Harvesting Buff for 1hr
Raise Morale: +5% Armor and Damage Shield Buff for 1hr

Add further ones and I ll try to make a list.

DocSavag
01-29-2007, 11:19 AM
We dont have any sort of information here about what the different city buffs do. So far, I switched Hathor Zi on Gelenia to:

Shared Effort: +15 Harvesting Buff for 1hr
Raise Morale: +5% Armor and Damage Shield Buff for 1hr

Add further ones and I ll try to make a list.

I think there is a list at vgtact that has them all.

Lashnoll
01-29-2007, 01:26 PM
What exactly triggers city buffs? I read it's a group of diplomats that can do it, but I'd like to have a bit more details ?

I did'nt know about city buffs, and after a number of parleys, I got the moral buffs when going in Tursh, so I thought the diplomacy I did was responsible for this buff (did'nt know everyone around me got it too! ;) ).

Anyways.. I'd like a bit more infos on this if possible! Diplomacy is so much fun! :)

ThreadKiller
01-29-2007, 01:33 PM
I got +15 points in Bordinar's Cleft once. The tutorial expains the level mehtod in general terms, but it would be nice to see it written. Remember this is a Ying/Yang kind of thing.....when pulling one level up, pulls one (up to three other levers down), so if you don't organize your Diplomats you may get net zero (and I don't mean the company).

DocSavag
01-29-2007, 02:20 PM
I got +15 points in Bordinar's Cleft once. The tutorial expains the level mehtod in general terms, but it would be nice to see it written. Remember this is a Ying/Yang kind of thing.....when pulling one level up, pulls one (up to three other levers down), so if you don't organize your Diplomats you may get net zero (and I don't mean the company).

On its face its pretty simple. If you go to a city and hail an NPC you will likely see a "Civic Diplomacy" option. Clicking on it shows you the list of topics. Each one has a different effect. To get the effect you need to move the lever from its default of 10 to 40. If you were the only Diplomat in town you could do it just by spending a half hour or so doing parleys with the NPCs of that type (Soldiers vs Merchatns for example) however the complexity comes in the fact that if you are in a town where some diplomats are trying to trigger one buff and you are trying to trigger another you will be affecting each other because pushing one lever up will affect others. So you could end up cancelling out someone else and vice versa. This could be either a competition thing or it could be an opportunity for collaboration depending on the goals of the different camps :)

Sorkvir
01-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Tricks of the Trade = +25 Artificer (Ca'ial Brael)

Had Legendary Items up to ~51 and couldn't see an effect :(

Matuse
01-29-2007, 02:39 PM
Here's my question...for things like +tradeskills and such, the effect is fairly obvious.

But what good does a city buff of a damage shield or +attack speed do for you...when you don't really do any fighting inside the city? Do you walk into the city and get a lingering buff, or is it some kind of invisible umbrella that affects the countryside as well?

ThreadKiller
01-29-2007, 02:47 PM
I believe, if you are in the city when it triggers, it's on a time for an hour after that....just like a buff

Lashnoll
01-29-2007, 02:48 PM
From what I saw yesterday, the buff has a 1hour time. So just passing in town puts it up, then you can go fight in the country side for an hour and get the benefits from it.

Absalon
01-29-2007, 03:31 PM
There are 8 different NPC stations. They are:

Soldiers
Domestics
Academic
Clergy
Craftsmen
Outsiders
Noble
Merchants

There are 5 conversation types:

Entertain
Incite
Convince
Gossip
Interview

Each combination of NPC stations and conversation type (ie. Soldier Gossip or Noble Interview) corresponds to a "lever". Levers are just counters that exist within each city where you do civic diplomacy. Winning a civic parley will increase the associated lever by 1 (more as you get to higher presence levels).

When a particular lever reaches 40, everyone in the city/town will immediately get the buff associated with that lever. As long as the lever stays above the threshold value of 40, everyone entering the city/town will get the buff as well. Once the lever goes below 40, or the player leaves the city/town, the buff will begin counting down. All buffs have a 1 hour duration (at least the ones I have seen...could be different in the future).

Levers decay over time, losing (or gaining) 1 point every few minutes. Normally the levers will begin at 10. If you raise a lever to 40 and then stop doing that particular parley option, the lever will eventually decay back to 10. Many levers oppose each other. For example, Soldier Incites will oppose Soldier Convinces, Entertains and Interviews. Every time you raise Soldier Incite by 1, you will also lower the other 3 Soldier parleys by 1. Levers always oppose each other within the same station. The exception is Gossip parleys. Gossip never opposes, or is opposed by, any other levers.

If you lower any levers below 10 via raising an opposing lever, that lever will "decay" back toward 10 (it will increase by 1 every few minutes until it reaches 10).

For a more complete explanation of how civic diplomacy works, refer to:

http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=507

Arachneus
01-29-2007, 03:38 PM
Call to Arms: +5% to all attributes
Civic Improvement: +5% Rune
War Stories: Gives Diplomatic Card (was in lomshir at the time, gave me gain 4points at the cost of 2 red/demand)

Thats what I found so far

waivren
01-29-2007, 03:48 PM
Call to Arms: +5% to all attributes
Civic Improvement: +5% Rune
War Stories: Gives Diplomatic Card (was in lomshir at the time, gave me gain 4points at the cost of 2 red/demand)

Thats what I found so far

For the War Stories type buffs... how do you get the card? I noticed the buff tip said 'add card' in the text, but I didn't see an obvious way to add it. Clicking the buff didn't appear to do anything, and right-clicking appeared to be the usual cancellation of the buff. What am I missing here?

DocSavag
01-29-2007, 04:37 PM
For the War Stories type buffs... how do you get the card? I noticed the buff tip said 'add card' in the text, but I didn't see an obvious way to add it. Clicking the buff didn't appear to do anything, and right-clicking appeared to be the usual cancellation of the buff. What am I missing here?

Its already in your available cards list at that time. You don't have to do anything else other than be in the city when the buff is active to get it.

waivren
01-29-2007, 05:50 PM
Its already in your available cards list at that time. You don't have to do anything else other than be in the city when the buff is active to get it.

Hmm... I must have overlooked it. I'll check again when I can get back in. Thanks for the reply.

DocSavag
01-30-2007, 08:24 AM
Hmm... I must have overlooked it. I'll check again when I can get back in. Thanks for the reply.

For me it was the first one! :)

Sarmea Moon
03-01-2007, 11:37 AM
Well, I pushed Preparing for Batle up above 40 in Khal, and it got a +25 to blacksmithing.

Mirra
03-01-2007, 01:42 PM
Here is what all of the levers do.....

http://www.vgtact.com/showthread.php?t=1676