PDA

View Full Version : Stuck in Diplomacy - Where/what to do?

Bruutus
01-29-2007, 11:53 AM
Hello, I am a Goblin in Martok. I did ALL the diplomacy quests I can find in the area and I am at 39 skill now. I hear people talk about Civic diplomacy, what is that? I cant seem to advance any further and I finally just bought a horse. I cant find any NPC at all that have the diplomacy symbol up when I click on them. Am I supposed to go to another city now or what?

Confused!:confused:

Hrann
01-29-2007, 12:02 PM
See my thread on the same issue in Halgarad. As a Lesser Giant, I made it to 39 and was stuck, and then scoured my home city and found one more quest which got me to 40. The civic diplomacy trainer then had a quest for me, but it involved doing civic diplomacy with NPCs that all had a skill level of 100-300!

Bruutus
01-29-2007, 12:16 PM
See my thread on the same issue in Halgarad. As a Lesser Giant, I made it to 39 and was stuck, and then scoured my home city and found one more quest which got me to 40. The civic diplomacy trainer then had a quest for me, but it involved doing civic diplomacy with NPCs that all had a skill level of 100-300!

Yeah, I had read your post already. Did the last guy that got you to 40 have the quest symbol over his head? I have looked all over Martok and clicked on most people and cant find a thing. I also wanted to equip the dang courier bag they gave me, but I cant get to 40!!! :mad:

Hrann
01-29-2007, 12:18 PM
Yeah he did have the symbol, but was hidden behind a few walls in an obscure building. I had talked to him earlier tho, just forgot about him (and had no quests leading to him).

I had actually already left the city and gave up, but then I went back for one last look and found him.

Hopefully someone that did the Martok line will stop by and be able to give you specific info.

ThreadKiller
01-29-2007, 12:38 PM
I started in Dahknarg and finished all of the diplo quest there. I was then directed to Halgarad to start Civic diplomacy. The "Civic Diplomacy Tutorial: Information" was given. They tell you to go and interview the guards and crafters to gain information. NOTE: ALL THE GUARDS AND CRAFTERS IN HALGARAD ARE TOO HIGH A LEVEL FOR YOU.....the will beat you like a rug.....you will start with 15 points, they will start with 1.....but there is good news. Go to Degeror's Post. The gurards and crafters are beatable threre (by the way, they never mentioned in the tutorial but the number next to the parley when you pick it determines the starting values for the game). When you just start out, you can beat the 50 and 75 guys most of the time, once in awhile you can beat a 100, and once I actually beat a 150 (and he started with only 1 point!). With this said you win things like Hearsay of Plots, or Evidence of Treason, etc....You can sell these at a Merchant right now, but the tutorial suggests that you can sell them at the Blackmail Broker (right now, he doesn't seem interested in buying anything from me, don't know if my evidience isn't juicey enough for him or not). Anyway, you can start to win the lower level Civic Diplo's, I now have a rating of 49. I've cleaned out all the civic gossip quests at the post, and I'm going back tonight to try some of the others. If anybody gets that far, we can try some of the level moving quests at the post to see if we can get free statement cards for everyone at the post....if you do, look for a Vulmane Ranger named Catbreath.

Absalon
01-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Hello, I am a Goblin in Martok. I did ALL the diplomacy quests I can find in the area and I am at 39 skill now. I hear people talk about Civic diplomacy, what is that? I cant seem to advance any further and I finally just bought a horse. I cant find any NPC at all that have the diplomacy symbol up when I click on them. Am I supposed to go to another city now or what?

Confused!:confused:

I did the Goblin quest line as well, but I finished at 40. I sided with the Warchief though. I'm guessing you sided with Governor Jalixfin. I've heard that that side of the quest line is only bringing people to 39.

Aruspex said that the requirement for civic diplomacy has been lowered to 2 to help out people who are stuck, but I'm not sure it was working as of yet. If you still can't do civic, you should be able to hopefully after today's patch.

Governor Jalixfin gives the horse quest. It is called A Strange Request. Martok civic dip is supposed to be going in today as well.

Bruutus
01-29-2007, 01:03 PM
I did the Goblin quest line as well, but I finished at 40. I sided with the Warchief though. I'm guessing you sided with Governor Jalixfin. I've heard that that side of the quest line is only bringing people to 39.

Aruspex said that the requirement for civic diplomacy has been lowered to 2 to help out people who are stuck, but I'm not sure it was working as of yet. If you still can't do civic, you should be able to hopefully after today's patch.

Governor Jalixfin gives the horse quest. It is called A Strange Request. Martok civic dip is supposed to be going in today as well.

Hey, thanx for the info. Where then do you start the civic? That helps a lot though. I cant remember if I sided with the Governor or not honestly, but that sounds like what happened.

Absalon
01-29-2007, 01:12 PM
Hey, thanx for the info. Where then do you start the civic? That helps a lot though. I cant remember if I sided with the Governor or not honestly, but that sounds like what happened.

Hopefully you will be able to start civic in Martok sometime today. I ventured down to CB, but they didn't like me there. I grinded on Gataros for a while, but not nearly enough to get my faction out of KOS status. After that I hopped over to Khal, and from there to Lomshir and Hathor Zhi where they are more forgiving of the color of a goblin's skin. I eventually went back to Khal and grouped up to raise my faction there. I'm now able to walk the streets of Khal freely and I've even managed to complete one of the dip quests there.

If you feel so inclined, I would suggest going to Khal. The old civic diplomacy tutorial quest is still working there and gives some very nice rewards, and there are a few other good quests there as well.

Hrann
01-29-2007, 02:31 PM
I started in Dahknarg and finished all of the diplo quest there. I was then directed to Halgarad to start Civic diplomacy. The "Civic Diplomacy Tutorial: Information" was given. They tell you to go and interview the guards and crafters to gain information. NOTE: ALL THE GUARDS AND CRAFTERS IN HALGARAD ARE TOO HIGH A LEVEL FOR YOU.....the will beat you like a rug.....you will start with 15 points, they will start with 1.....but there is good news. Go to Degeror's Post. The gurards and crafters are beatable threre (by the way, they never mentioned in the tutorial but the number next to the parley when you pick it determines the starting values for the game). When you just start out, you can beat the 50 and 75 guys most of the time, once in awhile you can beat a 100, and once I actually beat a 150 (and he started with only 1 point!). With this said you win things like Hearsay of Plots, or Evidence of Treason, etc....You can sell these at a Merchant right now, but the tutorial suggests that you can sell them at the Blackmail Broker (right now, he doesn't seem interested in buying anything from me, don't know if my evidience isn't juicey enough for him or not). Anyway, you can start to win the lower level Civic Diplo's, I now have a rating of 49. I've cleaned out all the civic gossip quests at the post, and I'm going back tonight to try some of the others. If anybody gets that far, we can try some of the level moving quests at the post to see if we can get free statement cards for everyone at the post....if you do, look for a Vulmane Ranger named Catbreath.
Thanks this is the exact information I've been looking for! I will head to the post first thing! :)

ThreadKiller
01-29-2007, 02:49 PM
no problem, always there to help a fellow diplomat......maybe I'll see you there, I'd like to try to get a free statements card sometime.

Catbreath, Level 10 Vulmane Ranger.