PDA

View Full Version : CB Diplomacy

Sarith Silverwolf
01-30-2007, 02:33 AM
I have done all the available diplomacy in CB, being a Wood Elf, and my diplomacy is now somewhere in the 60 range. I can easily beat civic diplomacy targets of 100, however, I do not accomplish anything with that other than stocking up on rumors and whatnot. I have 2 diplomacy quests, however, that are impossible to complete, not because of skill levels, but because one requires 25 Domestic Presence, and the other requires 75 Academic Presence. The only way I have found to raise my presence is to do civic diplomacy with someone in that class. Well, my Domestic is at ~6, and it only seems to go up once every 5 or so parleys, which I could do to 25 if it stays consistent. However, I have 0 Academic Presence, so I have no way to even potentially get the required presence for the quest, and even if I could, it would take ~12 hours of straight grinding civic diplomacy to get there. The only other way I know of to raise presence is gear, and it seems to be wholly unavailable at this time. So do I just kinda grind out diplomacy skill until Sigil decides to make it possible to advance, or am I missing something?

bakavic
01-30-2007, 03:22 AM
Those "heresays", "rumors", and "evidences" you collected can be turned in to their respective informants for rewards such as gear. Since you mentioned you are in CB, I believe there is an arcadia informant near the psi trainer, trends informant in tawar galan, and a plot informant in Tanvu by the bank. I'm not sure if links to other sites are allowed here, so I'll pm you a link with the info.

Jaxom
01-30-2007, 03:26 AM
I'm not sure if links to other sites are allowed here, so I'll pm you a link with the info.

Links to other sites are easy to find in other threads so I don't think there's any problem doing so. Either way, I would love to know where the brokers are on Thestra so if you aren't willing to post here, please shoot the link to me as well.

Estar87
01-30-2007, 03:40 AM
from http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=664

"Just to add my observations to the Information Informants asspect of Civics.

4 Types of Information:
Blackmail
Plots
Trend
Arcana

Each Type has different Tiers awarded determined by the Dip skill of opponent:
Crude < 100
Significant 100+
Essential ???
Vital ???
- ???

Each Tier has 3 Rarities... Higher skill in Tier seems to have better chance to drop higher ones:
Heresay:: common
Rumor :: uncommon
Evidence :: rare

============
Brokers will accept 1 Type of Information only. You must have atleast 10 of a Level of the required Type before the Informant will speak with you. Once Broker gives you dialog, you can do turn-in's of the required Type for rewards.

Get 1 Reward per ...This is buggy at the moment, they take wrong types and give too many rewards
Heresay x 7
Rumor x 5
Evidence x 2

============
Rewards: Known for Crude so far:
Blackmail - ???
Plots - Pants / Prestige Boost 1-Time-Clickies
Trends - Boots / Earrings
Arcana - Chest / Belts / 1-Time-Boost-for-1-Parley Items

============
Informants: and where they are:
CHECK THIS FIRST >>> KOS LIST
Blackmail - Ahgram, Halgarad, Hathor Zhi, and Martok
Plots - Bordinar's Cleft, Khal, and Tanvu
Trends - Ahgram, Tawar Galan, Lomshir, Mekalia, and Rindol Field
Arcana - Ca'ial Brael, Mekalia, Hathor Zhi, and Leth Nurae

============ "

bakavic
01-30-2007, 04:26 AM
from http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=664

"Just to add my observations to the Information Informants asspect of Civics.

4 Types of Information:
Blackmail
Plots
Trend
Arcana

Each Type has different Tiers awarded determined by the Dip skill of opponent:
Crude < 100
Significant 100+
Essential ???
Vital ???
- ???

Each Tier has 3 Rarities... Higher skill in Tier seems to have better chance to drop higher ones:
Heresay:: common
Rumor :: uncommon
Evidence :: rare

============
Brokers will accept 1 Type of Information only. You must have atleast 10 of a Level of the required Type before the Informant will speak with you. Once Broker gives you dialog, you can do turn-in's of the required Type for rewards.

Get 1 Reward per ...This is buggy at the moment, they take wrong types and give too many rewards
Heresay x 7
Rumor x 5
Evidence x 2

============
Rewards: Known for Crude so far:
Blackmail - ???
Plots - Pants / Prestige Boost 1-Time-Clickies
Trends - Boots / Earrings
Arcana - Chest / Belts / 1-Time-Boost-for-1-Parley Items

============
Informants: and where they are:
CHECK THIS FIRST >>> KOS LIST
Blackmail - Ahgram, Halgarad, Hathor Zhi, and Martok
Plots - Bordinar's Cleft, Khal, and Tanvu
Trends - Ahgram, Tawar Galan, Lomshir, Mekalia, and Rindol Field
Arcana - Ca'ial Brael, Mekalia, Hathor Zhi, and Leth Nurae

============ "

Yup, that was the link I was talking about :D It is also good to know that outside links are permitted here. I have been banned from other sites before for posting links (spoiler-free mission info on a FFXI site).