PDA

View Full Version : NPC's cheat...bug or "feature"?

detzx
01-30-2007, 09:55 AM
I was having troubles beating the Prince(Bord. Cleft) and I was talking with a guy that gave me some hints and I finally beat him. I continued on my way hitting some hard parts but got through it. Later that night the guy that helped me asked me for help on a part further along the quest line and I helped all I could but he tried something like 22 times to beat him. Finally he did but what's interesting is he told me why he failed. It seems the prince was playing cards he didn't have enough points to play. You can see what card they play and see how many points of each they have...keep an eye out for cheaters!!

grape
01-30-2007, 12:33 PM
I was having troubles beating the Prince(Bord. Cleft) and I was talking with a guy that gave me some hints and I finally beat him. I continued on my way hitting some hard parts but got through it. Later that night the guy that helped me asked me for help on a part further along the quest line and I helped all I could but he tried something like 22 times to beat him. Finally he did but what's interesting is he told me why he failed. It seems the prince was playing cards he didn't have enough points to play. You can see what card they play and see how many points of each they have...keep an eye out for cheaters!!

I have the same issue. Some of the NPC's in CB were playing cards they didn't have enought fuel to fire off. I forgot to write down the names, but it was some fox noble guy. It was late and I thought I was seeing things, but a 2nd time he did it to me I called foul! Those fox guys are sneaky.

Hailin
01-30-2007, 01:25 PM
I have the same issue. Some of the NPC's in CB were playing cards they didn't have enought fuel to fire off. I forgot to write down the names, but it was some fox noble guy. It was late and I thought I was seeing things, but a 2nd time he did it to me I called foul! Those fox guys are sneaky.

Hey don't blame us Foxes the wood elves play just as dirty. Yes the npc a ton of them are broken this way. It is frustrating. I like a challenge but not an all out HUH!!

Sylvene
01-31-2007, 02:32 AM
Then there are those that have a boatload of no cost cards that give themselves points + move the counter + they play a card every round while you are waiting for yours to refresh...

DocSavag
01-31-2007, 12:11 PM
As near as I can tell the AI cheats to try to make it more challenging to you but those that are so obviously outmatching us are tweaked up too high.

Ausperex stated somewhere that the fact that they can predict which cards you have in your deck is a technical neccessity of the AI.

locherbread
01-31-2007, 02:36 PM
Has there been in increase in AI difficulty, this moring I was grinding civic deploamcy on 50-75 guards & 50-75 crafters in tursh, I was easily beating them, since logging in after patch they are soundly whooping me :(

grape
01-31-2007, 03:27 PM
As near as I can tell the AI cheats to try to make it more challenging to you but those that are so obviously outmatching us are tweaked up too high.

Ausperex stated somewhere that the fact that they can predict which cards you have in your deck is a technical neccessity of the AI.

The issue is not the npc's can read your cards. The ISSUE is the NPC's are using cards that they could not possilby play with the amount of 'fuel' they have at that moment.

Sylvene
01-31-2007, 03:49 PM
The issue is not the npc's can read your cards. The ISSUE is the NPC's are using cards that they could not possilby play with the amount of 'fuel' they have at that moment.

I asked about that on my guild board. As I understand from a couple of early beta players, Diplomacy did not get in until Beta 4 and those are bugs which need to be reported.