PDA

View Full Version : Tanvu lack of noble diplomacy NPC's

grape
01-30-2007, 12:38 PM
There's a quest in Tanvu for some "Poet" card that requires 25 noble faction to start the parley.

The problem is, I have not found any civil diplomacy npc's that are of noble faction to build up enought noble faction to start the conversation.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Another bug I've found is I see people have titles in Diplomacy after their names after they finished the newbie questline. I finished the newbie quest line and did not get any such titles. I am a half-elf.

Odd bug:
The Civil diplomacy tutorial on Levers is broken in Tanvu. I can't start any of the gossip lines for the tutorial. They don't appear in the NPC dialog. Anyone else have these issues?

Lastly,
Does anyone know where to go for more diplomatic quests after you finish the newbie quest after Tanvu? I like to get more cards/quests but don't know where to go next.

Absalon
01-30-2007, 12:59 PM
There's a quest in Tanvu for some "Poet" card that requires 25 noble faction to start the parley.

The problem is, I have not found any civil diplomacy npc's that are of noble faction to build up enought noble faction to start the conversation.

Has anyone been able to do this?

Not every city/town will have every station, so you may need to travel to another city to parley with nobles. It's strange, I know, since the quest in Tursh requires it, but maybe it is their intent to make you move around a bit and do civic diplomacy in different places. In Ca'ial Brael there is a quest that requires Domestic presence, but there are no domestic NPCs.

Edit: I just noticed that you said Tanvu, not Tursh. I would imagine that you can find Nobles in either Tanvu or Ca'ial Brael. But maybe they want you to travel to CB to do the Tanvu quest, and likewise travel to Tanvu to do the CB quest.

Another bug I've found is I see people have titles in Diplomacy after their names after they finished the newbie questline. I finished the newbie quest line and did not get any such titles. I am a half-elf.

I don't know if I got a title either. I haven't checked. I know that Raki's actually have a quest that gives them a title. Have you checked your titles to see if anything is in there?

Odd bug:
The Civil diplomacy tutorial on Levers is broken in Tanvu. I can't start any of the gossip lines for the tutorial. They don't appear in the NPC dialog. Anyone else have these issues?

Have you selected all the quests? It's a little confusing with the nested quests to get to the parleys. If you have, that NPC may be bugged. You can go to a civic trainer in any city and complete it though. I am a goblin and picked up the first quest at the trainer in Lomshir. He wouldn't parley with me though, so I completed it in Hathor Zhi.

Lastly,
Does anyone know where to go for more diplomatic quests after you finish the newbie quest after Tanvu? I like to get more cards/quests but don't know where to go next.

You can do civic diplomacy. That will net you information that you can turn in to Informants for gear and cards, though I have yet to see any card rewards.

In addition to that, there is at least one quest (though a small one) in Halgarad called Blood and Seals. There is a quest at Rille's Encampment (outpost down the road from dwarven newbie area) called Drinking on the Job (another small one) and there is another quest line there as well, a longer one, that I forget the name of. Earlier in beta there was a quest line in Bordinar's Cleft called Matters of the Hearth. I assume it is still there, but I'm not sure.

If you want to venture over to Khal, there are at least 4 quests there that I know of. I'm sure there are more scattered around, and the devs will add more over time. There may be quests in New Targonor and/or Ahgram. I haven't checked those cities out since they were populated.

As you progress through the quests and civic diplomacy, there will be options for Writs and Regional Trade, but those systems aren't fully in yet. If you want to try Writs, you should be able to find some in Bordinar's Cleft. It was mentioned that only 2 cities would have Writs at launch, and the only Writs that were working in beta were the ones between BC and Leth Nurae.

Writs are started by parleying with NPCs in the room before the throne room in BC. There are placeholder NPCs there and when you win a parley against them, they despawn. The more you cause to despawn, the faster you will cause the writ giver to spawn. The writ giver will have a quest shield over his head.

Regional Trade involves doing civic with merchants to spawn special trader NPCs. I'm not sure if it is working yet, but I think only the White market will be in initially. I need to get my merchant presence up before I can test it.

grape
01-30-2007, 02:27 PM
Not every city/town will have every station, so you may need to travel to another city to parley with nobles. It's strange, I know, since the quest in Tursh requires it, but maybe it is their intent to make you move around a bit and do civic diplomacy in different places. In Ca'ial Brael there is a quest that requires Domestic presence, but there are no domestic NPCs.

Edit: I just noticed that you said Tanvu, not Tursh. I would imagine that you can find Nobles in either Tanvu or Ca'ial Brael. But maybe they want you to travel to CB to do the Tanvu quest, and likewise travel to Tanvu to do the CB quest.

I don't know if I got a title either. I haven't checked. I know that Raki's actually have a quest that gives them a title. Have you checked your titles to see if anything is in there?

Have you selected all the quests? It's a little confusing with the nested quests to get to the parleys. If you have, that NPC may be bugged. You can go to a civic trainer in any city and complete it though. I am a goblin and picked up the first quest at the trainer in Lomshir. He wouldn't parley with me though, so I completed it in Hathor Zhi.

You can do civic diplomacy. That will net you information that you can turn in to Informants for gear and cards, though I have yet to see any card rewards.

In addition to that, there is at least one quest (though a small one) in Halgarad called Blood and Seals. There is a quest at Rille's Encampment (outpost down the road from dwarven newbie area) called Drinking on the Job (another small one) and there is another quest line there as well, a longer one, that I forget the name of. Earlier in beta there was a quest line in Bordinar's Cleft called Matters of the Hearth. I assume it is still there, but I'm not sure.

If you want to venture over to Khal, there are at least 4 quests there that I know of. I'm sure there are more scattered around, and the devs will add more over time. There may be quests in New Targonor and/or Ahgram. I haven't checked those cities out since they were populated.

As you progress through the quests and civic diplomacy, there will be options for Writs and Regional Trade, but those systems aren't fully in yet. If you want to try Writs, you should be able to find some in Bordinar's Cleft. It was mentioned that only 2 cities would have Writs at launch, and the only Writs that were working in beta were the ones between BC and Leth Nurae.

Writs are started by parleying with NPCs in the room before the throne room in BC. There are placeholder NPCs there and when you win a parley against them, they despawn. The more you cause to despawn, the faster you will cause the writ giver to spawn. The writ giver will have a quest shield over his head.

Regional Trade involves doing civic with merchants to spawn special trader NPCs. I'm not sure if it is working yet, but I think only the White market will be in initially. I need to get my merchant presence up before I can test it.

Cool. I'll have to check this out then. I found some noble people at CB, but they cheated in diplomacy (See cheat thread) by playing cards they didn't have fuel for. No biggy.

I reall enjoy diplomacy. It is very fun even with the kinks in it. IT has a lot of potential. Adventure diplomat so far. I haven't tried crafting or harvesting, but I think that isn't my cup of tea.

Xen
01-30-2007, 05:13 PM
Odd bug:

I had the same problem -- no resolution with the NPC in Tanvu that I saw. I started a fresh character to ensure I didn't accidently do a nested quest twice (and thus mess up my order) and it still wouldn't allow me to gossip, which leads me to believe the NPC is broken.

grape
01-31-2007, 12:09 PM
I had the same problem -- no resolution with the NPC in Tanvu that I saw. I started a fresh character to ensure I didn't accidently do a nested quest twice (and thus mess up my order) and it still wouldn't allow me to gossip, which leads me to believe the NPC is broken.

Ahh well,

I checked my title today, No diplomatic titles. I'm expecting 'Harmonous" but not listed :(

Hope the fix this