PDA

View Full Version : Any way to reset Diplomacy quests in Hathor Zhi?

Deseria
01-30-2007, 03:14 PM
So I am doing the newbie quest line in the Dark Elf area, and get to the "Good to be Needed" quest with Centurion Oskora. I do the diplomacy thing, win, and then it gives me the instructions to go meet him and have him assasinated. At this point I click accept. So far so good? Not really.

I look in my quest log, the quest is gone
I go to where the meeting should be, nothing happens, I try to talk to Centurion Oskora again, nothng
I try to drop all diplomacy quests and reget, nothing
I try to drop ALL quests to clean out the list and try to reget, nothing
Reboot, nothing
Wait for server reboot, nothing
Petition 2 nights in a row for 5+ hours each time, no reply

So right now, my char is terminally bugged. I would like to know if there is any way to fix this so I can progress, or do I have to throw away all the prerelease time I spent (effectivly nullifying my pre-order) and reroll?

Absalon
01-30-2007, 03:23 PM
So I am doing the newbie quest line in the Dark Elf area, and get to the "Good to be Needed" quest with Centurion Oskora. I do the diplomacy thing, win, and then it gives me the instructions to go meet him and have him assasinated. At this point I click accept. So far so good? Not really.

I look in my quest log, the quest is gone
I go to where the meeting should be, nothing happens, I try to talk to Centurion Oskora again, nothng
I try to drop all diplomacy quests and reget, nothing
I try to drop ALL quests to clean out the list and try to reget, nothing
Reboot, nothing
Wait for server reboot, nothing
Petition 2 nights in a row for 5+ hours each time, no reply

So right now, my char is terminally bugged. I would like to know if there is any way to fix this so I can progress, or do I have to throw away all the prerelease time I spent (effectivly nullifying my pre-order) and reroll?

What is your diplomacy skill? You can begin civic diplomacy, but you will have missed out on some rewards. If you can't get help through petition (they are probably swamped right now lol) then I would suggest either moving on to civic diplomacy and acquiring gear that way, rerolling, or having a separate character for diplomacy from your current character (assuming you have done adventuring and/or crafting that you don't want to lose).

Personally, I would keep trying to petition though. Are you sure you clicked Accept on the quest? Maybe you hit Decline by mistake. I know there are still some bugs here and there with abandoning/declining quests. Definitely /bug it if you haven't already so it can get fixed.

Deseria
01-30-2007, 03:34 PM
What is your diplomacy skill? You can begin civic diplomacy, but you will have missed out on some rewards. If you can't get help through petition (they are probably swamped right now lol) then I would suggest either moving on to civic diplomacy and acquiring gear that way, rerolling, or having a separate character for diplomacy from your current character (assuming you have done adventuring and/or crafting that you don't want to lose).

Personally, I would keep trying to petition though. Are you sure you clicked Accept on the quest? Maybe you hit Decline by mistake. I know there are still some bugs here and there with abandoning/declining quests. Definitely /bug it if you haven't already so it can get fixed.

I have done quite a bit of adventuring, and don't really want to toss my char. I did click accept, and I am stuck because I do not have enough "pull" with anyone to actually start civic diplomacy. Thanks for the reply though, and yeah, I will keep up with petitions while I level a different char.