PDA

View Full Version : Adverse effects for losing/ending parley?

Mageon
01-30-2007, 04:34 PM
What happens when you lose a parley or just end the convo if ur getting killed which results in the saying something close to, that was a shitty way to end parley.

Does your Dip skill go down or does losing not effect you?

Mageon

Xen
01-30-2007, 04:44 PM
What happens when you lose a parley or just end the convo if ur getting killed which results in the saying something close to, that was a shitty way to end parley.

Does your Dip skill go down or does losing not effect you?

Mageon

I've lost various faction, but mostly just prestige for losing a given parley (some cases the loss is greater than others). I've lost a few, while seeing how far I could push my deck, but it seemed prestige loss was more common than faction (I can only recall losing faction once - during a parley against a recommended 300 that lost me CB faction while I was in Tanvu)

Absalon
01-30-2007, 05:05 PM
There are no penalties for losing any of the newbie quest parleys. In some cases, you may have to wait a little bit before you can try again, but that's it.

Civic diplomacy parleys is where you will take the faction and prestige hits for losing.

Mageon
01-30-2007, 05:18 PM
There are no penalties for losing any of the newbie quest parleys. In some cases, you may have to wait a little bit before you can try again, but that's it.

Civic diplomacy parleys is where you will take the faction and prestige hits for losing.

AH, whats the difference between faction / prestige or rather what is prestige i know about faction, mines rising with the high elves even though I am one lol.

Absalon
01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
AH, whats the difference between faction / prestige or rather what is prestige i know about faction, mines rising with the high elves even though I am one lol.

Prestige is kind of like fame. There are 9 centers for prestige, 3 on each continent. Certain diplomacy systems, like Writs for example, will require a certain prestige level within the city before you can do them. Back in beta 3 Aruspex mentioned that Writs would require 200 dip skill and 500 local prestige, meaning that if you wanted to get a Writ quest in Bordinar's Cleft, you needed 500 BC prestige. That Writ might take you to Leth Nurae and you would be rewarded with Leth Nurae prestige, among other things, upon completing it. Once you meet the prestige requirement in LN, you can then accept Writs from there.

You will only earn Prestige through diplomacy.