PDA

View Full Version : Understanding Information and Informants

Lumberg
01-31-2007, 01:02 PM
Just to stop a lot of misinformation here, these are my observations of Information, Informants, and Civics.

4 Types of Information:
Blackmail
Plots
Trend
Arcana

Each Type has different Tiers awarded determined by the Dip skill of opponent:
(This is listed in the Infomation's description -- Each Tier share the same Icon)
Crude <= 100
Significant 125 - 200
Essential 225 - 300
Vital 325 - 400
Unequalled 425 - 500

Each Tier has 3 Rarities... Higher skill in Tier seems to have better chance to drop higher ones:
Heresay:: common
Rumor :: uncommon
Evidence :: rare

============
Informants will accept 1 Type of Information only. You must have atleast 10 of 1 Type/Tier/Rarity combination of the required Type before the Informant will speak with you. Once Informant gives you dialog, you can do turn-in's of the required Type for rewards. Right not Evidence will not trigger dialog, and is tricky to turn in correctly.

Get 1 Reward per ...This is buggy at the moment, they take wrong rarity and give too many rewards
Heresay x 7
Rumor x 5
Evidence x 3

============
Rewards:
Blackmail - Gloves / Neck
Plots - Pants / Prestige Boost 1-Time-Clickies
Trends - Boots / Earrings / (maybe rings, unsure)
Arcana - Chest / Belts / 1-Time-Boost-for-1-Parley Items

============
The most likely Type of Info you will get is based off the conversation(this is not strictly, but like 90%, with some other Types rarely)

Type --- Conversation --- Color Blocked
Backmail --- Gossip --- Reason Blocked
Plots --- Interview -- None Blocked
Trends --- Incite --- Flatter Blocked
Arcane --- Convince --- Inspire Blocked
Gag (Vender Trash) --- Entertain --- Demand Blocked

============
Informants: and where they are:
CHECK THIS FIRST >>> KOS LIST (http://www.vgtact.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=679)
Blackmail - Ahgram, Halgarad, Hathor Zhi, and Martok
Plots - Bordinar's Cleft, Khal, and Tanvu
Trends - Ahgram, Tawar Galan, Lomshir, Mekalia, and Rindol Field
Arcana - Ahgram, Ca'ial Brael, Mekalia, Hathor Zhi, and Leth Nurae

**Patch Notes** - There are now more brokers available who will accept crude and significant information. Arcana, Blackmail, Trends, and Plots brokers have been added to Namsoong and Dark Horse Down’s Racetrack. Arcana, Blackmail, and Trends brokers have been added to Tawar Galan. And a Blackmail Broker has been added to Tursh.

**Patch Notes**- There is now a Blackmail, Plots, Trends, and Arcana Informant in Three Rivers/Themnwar’s Shield and Veskal’s Exchange for your information trading needs!

**Patch Notes**- There are now Blackmail, Plots, Trends, and Arcana Informants in Tawar Galan, Qa Riverbank, and Dark Horse Downs for your Information trading needs!

============
I will be UPDATING this as I observe more and people post corrections at vgtact.com

Matuse
01-31-2007, 01:28 PM
60 different types of things to collect, and if any aspect is different, they won't stack.

We need bigger bank space. Much bigger. Let-us-put-containers-in-the-bank bigger.

Mirra
01-31-2007, 01:54 PM
Does anyone have a list of what races have for their main color?

Xen
01-31-2007, 02:00 PM
Does anyone have a list of what races have for their main color?

The character creation screen does. Have fun!

Mirra
01-31-2007, 02:02 PM
The character creation screen does. Have fun!

Thanks!!

ThreadKiller
01-31-2007, 02:03 PM
Dwarf - Demand
Halfling - Flattery
Hight Elf - Reason
Vulmane - Demand
Varanjar - Inspire
Lesser Giant - Inspire
Kojani Human - Reason
Wood Elf - Demand
Half Elf - Flattery
Orc - Demand
Goblin - Reason (who know goblins were reasonable)
Raki - Flattery
Qaliathari Human - Flattery
Gnome - Reason
Dark Elf - Inspire
Kurashasa - Flattery
Mordebi Human - Demand
Varanthari - Demand

and the other factor

Soldiers - Demand
Crafters/Acadmics - Reason
Nobles/Merchants/Outsiders - Flattery
Clergy - Inspire

Swayde
01-31-2007, 04:32 PM
60 different types of things to collect, and if any aspect is different, they won't stack.

We need bigger bank space. Much bigger. Let-us-put-containers-in-the-bank bigger.

I totally agree! I am running out of space with my carpentry stuff and diplomacy stuff.

Absalon
01-31-2007, 06:58 PM
I totally agree! I am running out of space with my carpentry stuff and diplomacy stuff.

Banks are continental, so you can store more if you spread it around.

Lumberg
01-31-2007, 07:23 PM
There has been talk of making the diplomacy pouch only able to hold information and have a slot on the dip equip screen ...like crafter's Utility pouch.

Matuse
02-01-2007, 01:22 AM
That would be an ideal solution. Give us a 60 slot container on the diplo screen to stuff all of those notes into.

My solution currently is to mail them to an alt. It's like 17 copper per mail, which is dirt cheap.

Estar87
02-01-2007, 03:38 AM
question would be where do wrists helms and rings come from? seeing as this is the only way to get diplo gear its a little odd.

Tassadar
02-01-2007, 03:40 AM
Information shouldn't take up space at all. Come one - its information - its in your head. Even if you add in all the bits of paper, why would a single peace of papaer take up as much room as a robe?

Zach
02-01-2007, 08:01 AM
Where is the supposed trends informant in 3 rivers?

Nosferati
02-02-2007, 03:34 AM
How in the world do I get the 2 hearsay for blackmail as a high elf. I have tried everything, I have no idea what to do... and with the worst instructions ever from the in game quest giver..... I am ready to throw my computer against a wall, can anyone please help, thanks.

ThreadKiller
02-02-2007, 04:57 AM
if it's anything like the quest in Halgarad then you have to leave the big city for an outpost to win. The number next to the parley is the other guys strength number. Look for the lower numbers (I could only find them in outposts). See if you can find some 50, 75, or 100. I don't know if it's implemented but it will be soon that you can only debate NPC's 50 greater then your skill max.

Lumberg
02-02-2007, 05:07 AM
How in the world do I get the 2 hearsay for blackmail as a high elf. I have tried everything, I have no idea what to do... and with the worst instructions ever from the in game quest giver..... I am ready to throw my computer against a wall, can anyone please help, thanks.

Just keep grinding Civic Parley... It took me about 90 mins of grinding to get 2. The reason is that they drop most from gossip conversations which I believe was turned off in some cities until they fix balance issues. Also Gossip are the conversations that block green, which is your main color so gossip is very hard for HE to do. Just keep grind on the other conversations and you will eventually get them, abeit a long time... but don't worry this training is getting you used to what is to come...long grinding.
Another side note... that Civic training quests does not need to be done...in fact even if you finish it all he will still reoffer it to you. The only thing you get from it is that second Dip hand slot item, if you have that I wouldn't even worry about that rest of that training.

Zedar
02-04-2007, 06:33 AM
Wow, good info here -- hope you don't mind I copy/pasted your post to my guilds forum. :)