PDA

View Full Version : I must be doing something wrong...

Modica Solis
02-01-2007, 12:35 PM
I just started Diplomacy on my Mordebi Disciple. Now, I have the quests to Establish Contacts and the quest to talk to the Attacked Caravan, and I can't seem to complete either of them.

For the contacts, I was able to beat the first contact for the Port Authority, but I can't even scratch the master of the Dockworker's Union. He just runs the entire board, and with the few cards that I have (am I supposed to have more than my initial set of cards?), I don't stand a chance.

For the caravan, I can win about half the time. But I can't seem to accomplish the quest. I've been talking to them for the better part of an hour and my skill has gone up (what does higher Diplomacy skill effect? Just what kind of Diplomacy is available?), but the quest is still greyed out and incomplete.

What's the deal?

Modica Solis
02-01-2007, 06:01 PM
Still having trouble, could anyone who has done these quests give me tips or suggestions?

Faite
02-02-2007, 07:56 AM
Still having trouble, could anyone who has done these quests give me tips or suggestions?

Same issues but in wood elf lands, they have done something that makes even the 'learning' series far too hard.

I like it hard, trust me, but this is just uncompleteable for me.

I thought the beginner series was more of a learning timee.

Taffy
02-03-2007, 11:24 AM
I'm in the same place as you, Modica.

They've changed Diplomacy as folk were levelling to fast. So, they made it more difficult. I got to level 7 diplo, got Jaluna complete and then went to Magnuss.

After a few hours of trying every single thing, walking away, coming back, trying the other quest...I gave up and walked away. It will wait until they, the diplo folk, do something more that enables me to progress. With 5 red, 2 green, 2 blue and 1 yellow; I'm not going to get too far.

Crafting is calling me :P

Lumberg
02-03-2007, 11:27 AM
I'm in the same place as you, Modica.

They've changed Diplomacy as folk were levelling to fast. So, they made it more difficult. I got to level 7 diplo, got Jaluna complete and then went to Magnuss.

After a few hours of trying every single thing, walking away, coming back, trying the other quest...I gave up and walked away. It will wait until they, the diplo folk, do something more that enables me to progress. With 5 red, 2 green, 2 blue and 1 yellow; I'm not going to get too far.

Crafting is calling me :P

Not everyone is the same, one quest that is easy for one race/class will be hard for another. When starting out on these quests you need to find which ones you can do easily to get more cards that can enhance your deck against your weak conversation types.

Faite
02-03-2007, 11:36 AM
Not everyone is the same, one quest that is easy for one race/class will be hard for another. When starting out on these quests you need to find which ones you can do easily to get more cards that can enhance your deck against your weak conversation types.

The problem seems to be that you are not given enough tools to compete with what the NPC has. There needs to be some way to compete or it becomes no fun.

Sepp
02-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I see this being asked a lot about these 'talk to the soliders' quests that recently opened up in all newbie areas.

I think the entire point of these, as stated in the patch notes, is to gain skill. Its an alternate way of getting up to 40 skill to unlock the horse quest. Its quicker than the storyline route. Thats why its not completing, you're not up to skill 40, get up to that level of skill and see if something happens?

(This is a guess on my part, I hit 40 without these guys and wasn't able to talk to them, but people who have been having problems with these quests that Ive seen suddenly stop having problems with it when they can progress onto the horse quest)

Taffy
02-03-2007, 03:21 PM
I'm not doing the soldier's quest. It's the other way. I talked with someone who was there at Magnusson, same time as me. Level 21 and there I was, level 7.

Doh, I don't have enough cards to even get anywhere. They all it on one page.

Either Mordebi are broken as far as diplomacy or diplo is broken.

givionte
02-03-2007, 11:40 PM
The Tanvu Talk to Soldiers quest is broken for me as well, so maybe it's happening across the board. Hope one of the Diplomacy dev's sees the multiple bug posts here, because it seems some of these quests need some refinement, or work done to them.

Taffy
02-04-2007, 10:13 PM
Tried out the quest again, several times.

Magnuss is using a +2 red card that gives me nothing to use and gives him his demand. It's called If its not broke

This card has turned up in several quests in different regions. Basically stops any aspiring diplomats in their tracks.

Taffy
02-05-2007, 04:31 PM
Civic diplomacy buff with Sky's the Limit.

This time, success.

One happy toon, seen skipping away from Magnusson :)