PDA

View Full Version : Blood and Seals Quest

Slyde_Rule
02-02-2007, 01:30 PM
Any tips on how to beat Boritt in the Blood and Seals diplomacy quest in Halgarad ?

I am level 45 (Dip) and he is level 70, so he starts out with a 3-4 influence advantage. After about 15 tries, I finally gave up.

Most times I still had 8-9 points when he hit 0, but one time I got lucky (he had all long timers and had to Listen several times, and I had all short timers) and I got down to 1, but then his timers expired and he hit me with two 5 pointers in a row and I couldn't get the slider back to my side to finish him off.

The NPC before him (the drunk) was tough (took me 5-6 times), but each time I lost I learned something about his cards and made adjustments until I finally beat him.

But Boriit has three 5 pointers (red, blue, and green), and once he gets the slider 6-7 deep on his side I just can't get it back. Is he supposed to be this hard ? This is a newbie quest !

(Also, Flattery (yellow) is not used so I can't use my 5 point Resolution card)

Slyde_Rule
02-05-2007, 01:27 PM
Still having this problem. I'm sure someone has beaten him. Any tips ?

Thanks

Brockhammer
02-06-2007, 09:36 AM
Im stuck at the drunk guy, I am lvl 60, but I can't figure out how I am supposed to get my presence to 6 so I can talk to him. Its is 5 atm, and I haven't found anywhere I can get items to improve it.

Slyde_Rule
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
Im stuck at the drunk guy, I am lvl 60, but I can't figure out how I am supposed to get my presence to 6 so I can talk to him. Its is 5 atm, and I haven't found anywhere I can get items to improve it.

I had a guild mate loan me an item to get my presence up. For a newbie quest this seems way too difficult.

Hopefully the patch today will make it easier to beat Boritt, but the notes did say that it was Civic Dilpomacy that was made easier (levels 50-100) and this is a quest, not a Civic parlay.

troldan
02-06-2007, 02:36 PM
be nice if you didnt have to search out every nook and cranny to find the people.

Slyde_Rule
02-09-2007, 02:29 PM
Well, I finally got around to trying Boritt again, after the patch. His three 5-point cards are gone, but he still has 2 or 3 4-pointers, and I still can't beat him. I am now level 54, and he is level 70, so he still starts off with a 3 point advantage. I don't think he is any easier after the patch. Still too tough for a newbie quest.

Mirra
02-11-2007, 12:13 AM
I am able to beat him, but I didn't read the parley log and now have no idea where the seal is, lol. Anyone done this quest? :o

Vesnik
02-11-2007, 01:05 AM
I am able to beat him, but I didn't read the parley log and now have no idea where the seal is, lol. Anyone done this quest? :o

it marks a location in your journal, i didn't read it either and thought i screwed up.

it should automatically mark it, as in on your compass already.

i beat those guys first try surprisingly, i've had problems with some of the previous quests so i thought i would on this one as well.

i don't remember what setup he uses, probably demand and inspire, if you tell me which one i'll try to help.

Mirra
02-11-2007, 01:12 AM
it marks a location in your journal, i didn't read it either and thought i screwed up.

it should automatically mark it, as in on your compass already.

i beat those guys first try surprisingly, i've had problems with some of the previous quests so i thought i would on this one as well.

i don't remember what setup he uses, probably demand and inspire, if you tell me which one i'll try to help.

I can't remember, I may have to redo this quest though. My compass did not change, it still points to him even though he shows as complete and of course I won the parley. :(

Vesnik
02-11-2007, 01:19 AM
if i remember correctly, you talk to the guy and get the quest, then he sends you to the drunk guy, then you go talk to the guy at the table surrounded by other guys (or the other way around, forgot)

anyhow, the last step is you talk to another guy in a house in halgarad, so it's not far. i didn't read his talking either but the thing is in a jar on his table.

Mirra
02-11-2007, 01:36 AM
if i remember correctly, you talk to the guy and get the quest, then he sends you to the drunk guy, then you go talk to the guy at the table surrounded by other guys (or the other way around, forgot)

anyhow, the last step is you talk to another guy in a house in halgarad, so it's not far. i didn't read his talking either but the thing is in a jar on his table.

ahhhh, dang it, lol. I clicked on that jar first and he tried to have his dog attack me so I was afraid to try it a second time, lol. :rolleyes:

Slyde_Rule
02-12-2007, 02:31 PM
I finally beat him.

Got Diplomacy to level 60 (he is 70).

The deck I used was Snippet of Wisdom (Green +2), Aggressive Statement (Red +3), Loud Criticism (Blue +3), Itemized Comparison (Green +3), and Blunt Evaluation (0 Cost Red that gives me 2 red and 1 blue).

Timers were important. I lost with this deck several times before winning. I was getting close, but often had 4-5 turn timers. When I got lucky with several 3-turn timers I won.

Like the poster above, I failed to read all of the text and had to shout for help to discover the seal is in the jug on the table behind Boritt. If you return to the quest-giver without the seal, he sends you on a wild goose chase back to the first NPC that you parleyed with, which is no help at all.