PDA

View Full Version : I'm kinda new to diplomacy... some info?

Zedar
02-04-2007, 06:23 AM
Hi, I'm new to the Vanguard game and community, so I thought I'd fish here for a bit more information.

I did the basic diplomacy quest, and found it rather fun, but what are some of the benefits of diplomacy? I've read people saying that it's just something to "pass the time", and I've read that it's the most important thing in-game right now. So which is it?? Is it as important as say, Adventuring or crafting? Or is it kind of a "ho-hum" addition to the game that nobody really needs?

And what, if any, benefits do you get from diplomacy?

Thanks for your help! :)

givionte
02-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Diplomacy is still rather incomplete in the game. The benefits to it right now are few, but the reasons I do dip is because of the cool quest lines (solving murders, learning secrets you wouldn't know if you never try dip), and learning the lore and stories of the people in the cities. Also one of the top reasons right now many have gotten into diplomacy is because of a free horse you get at the end of the newbie quest line at level 10. Although I don't know if it is implemented yet, you also can turn in quest items for buffs and possibly other reasons in the game. I have a cartload of junk I'm carrying around with me by finishing these quests, and I would assume eventually there will be a use for it.

Eventually there will be times where diplomacy might be useful to access special vendors, maybe even cities requiring access by diplomacy. Another idea would be bartering prices to get a good deal on weapons/armor. It definitely will be useful in the long run, and I've personally been putting a ton of time into it so I can see the benefits given to me.