PDA

View Full Version : Card vendors

Gnarl
02-04-2007, 09:20 AM
Did they take all of the card vendors out of the game completely?

I seem to be hopelessly incapable of building a deck with the base-quest cards that can regullarly beat even low-lvl civic npc's.

Contact
02-04-2007, 06:00 PM
Did they take all of the card vendors out of the game completely?

I seem to be hopelessly incapable of building a deck with the base-quest cards that can regullarly beat even low-lvl civic npc's.

Where are you from and where have you looked? I don't want to give you faulty information...

Parallax
02-04-2007, 06:49 PM
I would love to know where the card vendors are in CB. :)

Gnarl
02-04-2007, 07:00 PM
Where are you from and where have you looked? I don't want to give you faulty information...

I'm a dorf, so I've looked in BC, Tursh, NT, and Veskals. Really just wanted to know if there was any need to bother looking though. If they are still in-game, I'm sure I'll eventually find them.

Melios
02-04-2007, 07:10 PM
Aren't you supposed to get cards from Civic Diplomacy? Once they fix the low level civics this shouldn't be too difficult.

Parallax
02-04-2007, 10:39 PM
How are they fixing these? I cant even start civic diplomecy because my skill lvl is too low, but I cant raise it because there is no one I can find that will parley with me anymore.

Plus the horse quest is about impossible with the starter cards I have.

Estar87
02-04-2007, 10:43 PM
Aren't you supposed to get cards from Civic Diplomacy? Once they fix the low level civics this shouldn't be too difficult.

according to Dev post on these forms their inputting a way to change information (plots, blackmail etc) into adventuring itemsn and new cards (finally).

Decoy Embra
02-05-2007, 11:07 PM
Any idea on when that will be? I need better cards, or some NPCs really need to be tweaked badly.

I'm currently trying to do the 'Special Deliveries' quest from Tawar Galan and, while I can deliver the first two statues with little problem, delivering the third (to Somare in Ca'ial Brael) is impossible. I've tried so many combinations (even ones that I knew wouldn't work, but tried anyway) and there's nothing I can do. I can't finish it.

Parallax
02-06-2007, 05:22 AM
Any idea on when that will be? I need better cards, or some NPCs really need to be tweaked badly.

I'm currently trying to do the 'Special Deliveries' quest from Tawar Galan and, while I can deliver the first two statues with little problem, delivering the third (to Somare in Ca'ial Brael) is impossible. I've tried so many combinations (even ones that I knew wouldn't work, but tried anyway) and there's nothing I can do. I can't finish it.

Yep, thats where I gave up on diplomecy. Until there is some way of improving my deck its just banging my head against a well over and over.

I loved it while it lasted but until its fixed I'm going to be doing other things..

LaurnaRose
02-06-2007, 06:13 AM

What race are you? I had so much problems with this quest, but I was a half-elf. For Somare I used Snippet of Wisdom, Common Ground, Catch Phrase, Disarming (cant ever remember it gives -2 flattery or -2 demand; whichever lay blame doesnt), and Lay Blame against her. Worked a dream, but first few times trying the quest I spent 20 min each try on just her alone. However, once I had my strategy for each down, I won the parley first try and managed to finish the quest with 25 min to spare.

MasterWolfwood
02-06-2007, 11:13 AM
What race are you? I had so much problems with this quest, but I was a half-elf. For Somare I used Snippet of Wisdom, Common Ground, Catch Phrase, Disarming (cant ever remember it gives -2 flattery or -2 demand; whichever lay blame doesnt), and Lay Blame against her. Worked a dream, but first few times trying the quest I spent 20 min each try on just her alone. However, once I had my strategy for each down, I won the parley first try and managed to finish the quest with 25 min to spare.

Just wondering how/where you got Lay Blame. Maybe its because you are a certain class? Probably warrior or the like? I'm a Half Elf Bard and dont have that card, was just curious.

Decoy Embra
02-06-2007, 04:22 PM

I'm a Raki (rogue). I don't have the -demand one, and I assume that's the one you used as Somare likes to fuel demand. That's the card that would help me most, and the one I was scouring my deck for initially. I don't have it, though, so that's what's making this nigh-impossible for me. There just seems to be no way to keep her demand low.

LaurnaRose
02-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Just wondering how/where you got Lay Blame. Maybe its because you are a certain class? Probably warrior or the like? I'm a Half Elf Bard and dont have that card, was just curious.

half elf diciple and i got it in as a tutorial reward for either repeal or rebuttle, cant remember which card type it is (repeal i believe)