PDA

View Full Version : Guards outside Khal

Calmedan
02-04-2007, 06:26 PM
Ok so there's this group of 4 guards near a cart a little bit east of Khal, and I did get some bugged out quest from one of them to go speak to Mina Zeya. I did that quest then she sent me back to them, finished that too. Both of these quests were rather void of lore and had what looked like placeholder variable names.

I get dialogue from these guards but no diplomacy options, yet every time I go past them there's a group of half a dozen or so diplomats all parleying away with the guards, any time of day without fail.

So what's the deal with these guards? I'm enjoying diplomacy (admittedly it got a lot harder these last few days but I heard that they'll reduce the difficulty slightly according to a post on vgtact.com) so I'd like to know what I have to do to be able to parley with these guards :)

Demonix
02-04-2007, 08:37 PM
Those are probably the "new content for people under 40 skill" they mentioned in the patch notes a few days back. I noticed the same thing in Martok and was rather upset that I could not join the parley party (had to say it) until I found out that's what they were and I was already at ~65ish skill.

kdkirmse
02-05-2007, 02:37 AM
I believe that quest is the shortcut for people to get to diplomacy skill 40 when they dont want to do the story questline.

Aladreal
02-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I don't know about this being a shortcut, but my diplomacy quest line took me there. Once there, I was suppose to talk to the guards until the captain felt they were all ready to move on. Little did I know, this was dependent on my diplomacy skill level reaching level 40. I think I started around level 30 and ended up being there for well over an hour and maybe even close to two. As soon as I reached diplomacy 40 my quest finally updated and I was off to begin civic diplomacy. Now if I can only find a guard in Khal that is low enough to parley with... :confused:

garath
02-05-2007, 01:34 PM
I don't know about this being a shortcut, but my diplomacy quest line took me there. Once there, I was suppose to talk to the guards until the captain felt they were all ready to move on. Little did I know, this was dependent on my diplomacy skill level reaching level 40. I think I started around level 30 and ended up being there for well over an hour and maybe even close to two. As soon as I reached diplomacy 40 my quest finally updated and I was off to begin civic diplomacy. Now if I can only find a guard in Khal that is low enough to parley with... :confused:

Is THAT what it is? Those guards have been driving me crazy. I had no idea what they wanted me to do to complete the quest. I went from 12 or so skill to 30 before I gave up in frustration.

Calmedan
02-05-2007, 02:08 PM
Well I'm not sure if parleying with those guards will yield hearsay and rumours, can anyone who is able to parley with them able to answer that?

If they don't offer hearsay and rumours then I personally would recommend the quests because they give a much better overview of how diplomacy works, a few rewards, and takes diplomacy skill to 45+ (I was 49 skill when I tried to take the last quest from Shebtigo Wedjejeh in Khal, only to find that I didn't get the quest and I couldn't get him to offer me the quest again).

I suppose it's alright for people who have already done the beginner diplomacy quests and would like to skip the tutorial stuff. Sounds like new diplomats are getting misled by the purpose of those guards though.

If parleying with the guards does in fact yield hearsay and rumours then at least those can be traded in for some rewards.

Krokkur Bloodcythe
02-06-2007, 09:12 PM

thanks for telling me that i have to reac level 40...i was also driving myself nuts!