PDA

View Full Version : Diplomat seeks stun-gun

Calmedan
02-04-2007, 05:54 PM
ARGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Sorry about that, I needed to let it out.

So I'm parleying away and even though it's quite difficult I'm doing ok and winning a few parleys against a skill 75 NPC while I'm at skill 51. Another player comes up and starts speaking to the NPC I'm parleying, then the NPC starts attacking the other player! That player runs away and my opponent runs after them, breaking the parley and causing some hefty faction loss...

Ok calm down, find a new opponent to parley, get back in the mood, it'll only take 3 or 4 matches to get a feel for their deck and play style. Crafter's hall seems like a nice spot, little chance of anyone being in a fighting mood there. Awesome I'm winning against my new opponent and I only lost once before I had a grasp on their deck. Another player comes running into the crafting hall and appears to do a circuit of the place before running out, but already it seems like my parley partner and a bunch of other NPCs are out for blood, the faction I'd won over the last 3 parleys all wiped out because my opponent ran away...

I think it really sours the fun if we lose by default because some KoS player inadvertently broke off our parleys. I know they don't mean it, they've got goals and objectives to accomplish and they just entered the wrong place.

I'd like to see some sort of parley interuption that doesn't involve faction loss :) If the NPC said "oh one moment, I have a rascal to deal with" and then came back to our conversation, or the parley was ended entirely without faction loss then it wouldn't be so bad.

Doddy
02-05-2007, 07:04 AM
I agree.

I'd like that ability too - to leave the conversation eloquently for once.

Calmedan
02-05-2007, 01:09 PM
We wouldn't need to end the parley at all if all diplomats were issued with stun guns so we could stop the other player from trying to run away and take our parley opponent with them! :twisted:

nicabar
02-05-2007, 06:35 PM
So .... this is where i say it.....

um....

PVP

:rolleyes:

Calmedan
02-05-2007, 06:54 PM
So .... this is where i say it.....

um....

PVP

:rolleyes:

Ladies and Grubs, we have a comedian! :pirate:

LaurnaRose
02-06-2007, 06:19 AM
Ladies and Grubs, we have a comedian! :pirate:

Can we get a "rephrase" button while we are at it? Every conversation Ive ever had has had at least one, "Let me rephrase that" in it LOL. Wipe the conversation clean, gets you out with no faction loss, lets you reset your cards, but let the rephrase timer on NPC's be like 1hr for each conversation or something so it can only be done once in each parley.

You want stun guns, I want to backtrack my words ... alls fair in love and diplomacy :)

Zakonax
02-06-2007, 11:06 AM
I had the same thing last night while doing my diplomacy horse quest.

As a gnome, i'd finished the 2 parleys to collect the debts, and was on my way to the horse track to finish the quest. I arrive there with 10 minutes to spare.

I enter the parley with the final lady, and it's all going well. Until that is, someone trains Sharptooth and his minions to her. She starts killing Sharptooth, very slowly, so I jump in and help finish him off.

I start to parley with her again, and his minions now jump my wife who is also parleying with her to finish the quest. So now, we're unable to parley because we're getting killed.

We finish off the 3 minions, and start to parley again, with the timer now at 5 minutes. We're about halfway through, and then someone who is KOS runs by, aggros her, and runs far out into the plains with her chasing them. We chase after her, so we don't lose her, with our time ticking away. Finally, she loses interest in the KOS player, and stops. I begin my parley, and she starts walking back to her spawn point! So, I have to try and walk to keep up with her, while keeping my parley up. I eventually won with about 1 minute to spare, and was lucky to finish the quest.

In summation: Yes, i'd like to see at least something happen here. Maybe make the NPC's non aggro while they are engaged in a parley?